Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300DT; 1980 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever said this stuff is "snake oil" is sadly mistaken, its almost a complete tune-up in a can, my car has about 320k miles on it, and she feels like she just shaved 10 years and atleast 50k miles off of her.

I thought I was going to have to replace my motor mounts (will still do it just to keep her in top shape), due to some vibrating at idle, nothing big, but noticeable, now she seems to purr at stop lights.

Acceleration is better, and start-ups as well

...what a $7 can, can do...

torkq

·
Registered
money pits of various forms
5,885 Posts
It is no replacement for proper injector maintenance.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
I couldn't believe it myself, especially after Zedd pointed out that it's mostly diesel fuel! I decided to give it a shot on my 300D on a cold winter day. Even went as far as getting a video to verify that I wasn't just hearing things - the engine really did quiet down. And it's still quiet, 2500 miles later. So it's doing "something". It's still no replacement for valve adjustments or injector maintenance, but I don't see how it could hurt anything except maybe your wallet. I'll be sure to use it every now and then, as I can't deny the results I've gotten from it so far.

I've posted up some vids on youtube if anyone is interested:
YouTube - AKJeeper's Channel

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Where do you buy your DP for $7?

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300DT; 1980 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where do you buy your DP for $7?

I thought about Inter Auto Parts, but couldn't justify paying over $12 for shipping on 2 cans, so I went to a local Lubo (Lubi?) Moly distributor: quantity discounts

I'm not sure where in SoCal you are, but these guys were 2-3 miles from me, if you buy 5+ cans they take a $1 off the price, they also seem to only carry German made replacement parts, I picked up inline fuel filters for a little over $2 from Mahle.

Almost bought Lubo Moly 15w-40 diesel engine oil, but at $22 a gallon, I'll stick with Delo....

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
ohh ETY Parts in Eagle Rock? I live in burbank so the drive wont be too bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts