Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
Joined
·
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any diesel ML's were sold new in the USA. I was looking in the classifieds from Arizona and Nevada and I could not find any. I know there are other states that may have them but I didn't want to have to go too far to see one...
 

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
Joined
·
37,837 Posts
Keep on going east.
About 2500 miles and farther from NY you'll find some.
 

·
Registered
'11 C300
Joined
·
423 Posts
Diesel Ml

According to "The Star" (May/June '06, page 38), we'll see the new ML320 CDI this Fall here in the USA. There will also be diesels in the E320 CDI and R320 CDI. It does state that "the E320 BlueTec will be available in all states except California, New York, Massachusetts, Maine, and Vermont." Since the R and ML will share the same engine looks like you may not be getting the ML in California right away. Your dealer should know.
 

·
Registered
MBs
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
rudedude said:
I was just wondering if any diesel ML's were sold new in the USA. I was looking in the classifieds from Arizona and Nevada and I could not find any. I know there are other states that may have them but I didn't want to have to go too far to see one...
There are Mercedes diesels sold in California already, rudedude, since early 2004. It's the Sprinter turbodiesel vans. Here's an info page: :D

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/sprinter.html

PS. Sprinters have the same lighswitch and steering column as the ML. :D
 

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
Joined
·
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll pass on the sprinter. It has a great engine ( I know I work on them ) but it is ugly and not built that well...
 

·
Registered
MBs
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
rudedude said:
I'll pass on the sprinter. It has a great engine ( I know I work on them ) but it is ugly and not built that well...
Then you'll have to wait.

I expect a diesel ML sold in California not before 2008.

PS. I actually like the look of the Sprinter. See more of them nearly every day.
 

·
Registered
ML 230 The real Benz World Junior, GMC Sierra 400hp Nitro, Opel Commodore B Coupe 1001hp.
Joined
·
132 Posts
320 CDI a promising diesel

I haven`t tried any of the biggest gasoline ML v8`s, so I can`t compare, but I can asure you that the 320 diesel is very nice on torqe and not lazy at all.
In a 320 CDI E-class I got my hands on, it almost scared me when overtaking well... everything in a steep hillclimb.
A used 400CDI is on my wish list, but prises here in Norway are horrific...

By the way, a used 2002 ML400CDI costs 100 000$. Any worse elsewhere in the world?
 

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
Joined
·
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PYROX said:
I haven`t tried any of the biggest gasoline ML v8`s, so I can`t compare, but I can asure you that the 320 diesel is very nice on torqe and not lazy at all.
In a 320 CDI E-class I got my hands on, it almost scared me when overtaking well... everything in a steep hillclimb.
A used 400CDI is on my wish list, but prises here in Norway are horrific...

By the way, a used 2002 ML400CDI costs 100 000$. Any worse elsewhere in the world?
How much is that in US dollars?
 

·
Registered
German Karts
Joined
·
107 Posts
PYROX said:
I haven`t tried any of the biggest gasoline ML v8`s, so I can`t compare, but I can asure you that the 320 diesel is very nice on torqe and not lazy at all.
In a 320 CDI E-class I got my hands on, it almost scared me when overtaking well... everything in a steep hillclimb.
A used 400CDI is on my wish list, but prises here in Norway are horrific...

By the way, a used 2002 ML400CDI costs 100 000$. Any worse elsewhere in the world?
I take it $100,000 is US$? How much is the used 2002 ML320 gasoline there? We don't have the 400CDI here, so can't really compare the price
 

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
Ive drive the ML270 CDI and the ML400 CDI the 270 has 6speed manual and hte 400 is fast
 

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
Joined
·
37,837 Posts
From what I remember new ML320 in Europe sells for around $60k.
It is reverse situation, when $25k model from Germany sells for $49k in US.
 

·
Registered
ML 230 The real Benz World Junior, GMC Sierra 400hp Nitro, Opel Commodore B Coupe 1001hp.
Joined
·
132 Posts
ZeroLimit said:
I take it $100,000 is US$? How much is the used 2002 ML320 gasoline there? We don't have the 400CDI here, so can't really compare the price

2002 mod. ML320 gasoline starts at about 75-80 000$ (Translated to US dollars. 6,5 Norwegian kroner equals 1 US dollar.)

The worst thing is that 1 gallon 95 Oct gas costs 7,07 $. The prises are still rising.
Over half the cost of a new car is tax, and 80% og the gas prize is tax.

They really screw us here in Norway.:confused:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top