Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best regards Team:

Hope everybody had nice Holidays and I wish all of you a Prosper New Year...!!!!

This question is regarding a 1984 Mercedes-Benz 300 vehicle. (do not know if this's the Turbo-Diesel model). The owner bought the car planning to take it back to Argentina when he needs to return back (2003 July) but now he has backed up the whole idea (cargo fees way to expensive and also the importing fees with Argentina customs). The car is in very mint condition (body wise & looks) He payed $4000 but I do not know if this was a fair price ...!!!! Anyway.... I'm interested in the car as a second car but the car is leaking oil...!!!!!! This is a Diesel engine with 200,000+ miles. According to my research this car is very realiable but have not been able to find anything related with the "oil leak"...!!!!

Is this a common issue in Diesel cars....??? What could be terrible wrong with the engine....???? I'm not "car engines" savy neither this guy...!!!! He told me that the place where he took the car for the last oil change they did not mention nothing about the leak...!!!! So...who knows....

Any ideas, advice & suggestions are really appreciated....!!!

Ride safe...!!!!! and be carefull New Years eve...!!!! Lot of drunk people in the roads...!!!

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
$4000 is not bad

This is a bit on the high side, but with the condition you describe, it sounds as if it has been taken care of. The oil leak is not of major concern, as oil leaks are fairly common on Mercedes-Benz Diesels with this many miles. Many times it is an oil pan cover gasket, a valve cover gasket, or even something as simple as the oil filler cap that needs to be replaced. If the transmission is an automatic, you will need to drive it to be sure of the proper shifting. At 250,000 miles they tend to begin to wear![;)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.