Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 190D that makes a claping sound, mostly whyle idle. I was told to be normal, something to do with the hidraulic injectors. Now, my 250D, 5 cylinder multivalve, is also starting to do the same noise. That makes me wonder if it is in deed normal... If it's not, what is causing it? I what that smooth engine noise back again!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I wonder if there is a problem with the IP delivery valve spring or seat (copper washer). Have you replaced the delivery valve seals lately? Some people have reported that they get that clapping after replacing the seals, but they drive it hard and the noise corrects itself after about 100km.

·
Registered
136 Posts
clapping sound at idle

agree, most likely hydraulic lifters - When was your last oil change and are you using the correct grade?????????
I have a 190D that makes a claping sound, mostly whyle idle. I was told to be normal, something to do with the hidraulic injectors. Now, my 250D, 5 cylinder multivalve, is also starting to do the same noise. That makes me wonder if it is in deed normal... If it's not, what is causing it? I what that smooth engine noise back again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts