Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2012 E350 4Matic Wagon P2 Lane Tracking Driver Assit. Heated/Ventilated/Multicontour*/Leather seats
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving around yesterday I noticed that diesel was cheaper than premium in my area by as much as 5¢ at a couple stations. Anyone else?

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Driving around yesterday I noticed that diesel was cheaper than premium in my area by as much as 5¢ at a couple stations. Anyone else?
Here in Cincinnati and Northern Ky. diesel cheaper then Premium in about 11cents..a pleasant change for CDI..
Cheers

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
386 Posts
I remember the days when is was always cheaper the regular gasoline. Probably never see that again. Too much demand world wide especially China.

·
Registered
2008 ML320CDI Iridium Silver/Black, NAV, P2 pkg, Sirius, Harmon Kardon. Active Bi-Xenon
478 Posts
Still at or above Premium here in So Cent PA.

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
prices start go UP here.. spread is uneven quite a bit too from $3.89 to $4.05 within 5 mi radius..
got me Full tank at $3.59 two days ago.
We'll see where prices will be 650 mi later..))

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,722 Posts
Funny about a month ago, with diesel at the lowest of the season I fuel my diesel at desert gas station on I-5.
Gas prices on desert are always blown up, while the Shell station specialized in truck diesel.
So the diesel was $3.69, regular 4.79
Now after the Richmond refinery fire it got messed up again.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,144 Posts
We have a pipeline that has been shutdown that ran from Green Bay to Chicago and it
has created an odd pricing bubble locally. The line was fixed, but the feds are ticked
off and want to complete an investigation before allowing it to reopen.
However yesterday I noticed the prices on gasoline started to come down all across the
the little rural area I live in. By the bigger cities it is still about $4.25 for premium.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
386 Posts
We have a pipeline that has been shutdown that ran from Green Bay to Chicago and it
has created an odd pricing bubble locally. The line was fixed, but the feds are ticked
off and want to complete an investigation before allowing it to reopen.
However yesterday I noticed the prices on gasoline started to come down all across the
the little rural area I live in. By the bigger cities it is still about $4.25 for premium.
Very interesting -- but the feds are ticked off and want to complete an investigation before allowing it to reopen. Wonder what they want to investigate and when that might be completed? Good old feds -- investigating what and with what result?

·
Super Moderator
22,144 Posts
Very interesting -- but the feds are ticked off and want to complete an investigation before allowing it to reopen. Wonder what they want to investigate and when that might be completed? Good old feds -- investigating what and with what result?
The line had a leak. The company that owns that line let it go for for days just
ignoring the alerts at the control center. So the feds are investigating. They
also want to see the service records for the line as it appears the owners had
been lying about the inspections and repairs over the years.
They may run one of those pipeline robots through the entire pipeline.
It is hitting hard because I believe it carried 30,000,000 gallons a day.

·
Registered
08 ML320CDI, 05 E500, 04 CLK 500 (traded), 06 MB R350 (turned in) , 04 FORD SuperDuty King Ranch
106 Posts
NOT..! Diesel here in Colorado hit $4.15/gallon last week and Premium is $3.85... I have 2 Diesels and 2 gassers... It cost me $110 to fill my Diesel truck for a weekend trip and another $85 to fill the wifes ML320CDI...

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
here around Tri-State area of Cincinnati prices for Premium & Diesel just about even around $3.99 - $4.15
Got small break when was ready to fill up , checked GasBuddy app and saw diesel price $3.84:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
386 Posts
Filled up in South Hill, VA (I85) on Sunday. 3.74 gallon. Overall trip mileage for 800+ miles on interstate was 41.2 MPG driving the speed limit.

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
GasBuddy pay off

Today came time to feed the beast while on the road... quick Prices check via GasBuddy app in my phone showed a mile off highway I was on @ $3.97 a gallon while all around the town prices staying at $4.29. Turned out gas station of our local supermarket chain Kroger... and with their discount card got my fill up at $3.77 a Gallon
My Lucky Day :thumbsup: ..LOL
anyone else GasBuddy junkies or it's just me being a geek?:sawzall:

·
Super Moderator
22,144 Posts
I do use it when not around the home town.

Right now 93 octane premium from a national brand is $3.41-3.45 and diesel is right around $8.81 at the same stations.

·
Registered
2005 e320 cdi
39 Posts
Today came time to feed the beast while on the road... quick Prices check via GasBuddy app in my phone showed a mile off highway I was on @ $3.97 a gallon while all around the town prices staying at $4.29. Turned out gas station of our local supermarket chain Kroger... and with their discount card got my fill up at $3.77 a Gallon
My Lucky Day :thumbsup: ..LOL
anyone else GasBuddy junkies or it's just me being a geek?:sawzall:
i just downloaded the app and its very cool. Thanks for the heads up

1 - 20 of 27 Posts