Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Did Mach430 engine blew up after installed Kleemann S/C ??? The last time i talk to him.............

<br> his car were still in the shop !!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
No it did not....

His SC was installed 2 weeks ago right after mine. I have already put 2100 miles on my car and it is running perfectly. My 430 is putting out over 480 hp and 450lb/ft of torque. <br> <br> Linh, do you and Mach have a beef with each other? You seem to be pretty sarcastic about Mach and Evosport. <br> <br> My experience with Evosport has been fantastic. They have always been helpful and they have turned my car into an absolute beast.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I think his car was in the shop having the Kleemann s/c installed, don't be so bitter to him thnx

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not Linh but...

Mach seems kinda omniscient and that is kinda annoying, especially if he only knows his info from brochures, not real technical knowledge. I'm thinking Linh has the same issues. <br> <br> No harm done tho..

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Guys !!! Don't make my "post" sound more then what is it.................................

<br> I just simply ask all of you if you know where is Mach430. Two weeks ago we were suppose to meet up at Ervine so he can give me my painted len, but he said that he can't because he car were still in the shop. And since then, he haven't make any post about his new Kleemann S/C mods. It just a simple Q's guys !!! BTW Sleestack, can you point out for me one of my post that i talk bad thing about EVOSPORT.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if it's just me, but it sounds quiet bitter to me when you reply to Mach's posts...

I'm just trying to tell you what I think about your posts, that's it, I'm not trying to offend anyone. By the way, Ben has posted many threads about his Kleemann Supercharger on MBworld.org, you can check them out. Peace-

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I know why he posted over there instead of here because he got so many warning for .................

<br> using this forum as a FREE advertise. To make it fair for other company, they want Evosport to pay for the advertise. As for me and Mach430, have a personal problem with because since i know him personally and help i find out that he deos not know jack except reading it from a brochures and the so many liar he told me. Here's the example, he give me a painted len for doing his suspension but one of them were wrong. So it only cost 90 to send it back to him for exchange, since then it had been almost three month and i have not recieve it yet. I drove up there three time but he come up with so many excused, ask him to send to me and he said that he don't want to do that because it cost him money, so i ask him to send it COD and nothing happen, two weeks ago i ask him if i can go the his house to pick it up and he said no, that i can't come to his house. I think he steal it from eveosport and now there's no invoice to exchange. Put youself in my shoe and see how you feel after i help him with the installation of spring pads. Who would you think do that for FREE for a stranger. I even ask my friend that live up there to get it for me but no luck also.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
He beat an M5 in his Clk 430 !!!! You don't think he is a liar....beat an M% lol....lol...

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I know Ben too and I think he's a great person and he helped me a lot . . .

from what I've heard from Ben are mostly correct, he does know a lot about cars. As I know, he works for Evosport, I rather believe a guy who works for an aftermarket performance company then a person who just likes cars. Facts are facts, if you disagree with them, I don't have any problems, I only believe what's right. Whenever Ben doesn't know about something or is not sure about it, he's never afraid to say 'I don't know' or 'I'll check it for you', he's just a friendly guy who is willing to help anyone. I think the reason why Ben left this forum is because there are too much drama going on and it's not cool to deal with one everyday. Anyways, I know Ben I think he's a very nice person, if you need help, you definately need to ask him for help, you'll only get the best from him. Peace-

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
No.... Mach430 left this forum awhile back and once awhile he visited but as you can................

<br> see, he really can say anything about Evosport because that's is considering he's doing FREE advertise for Evosport. A saleman won't be able to make money if he can't tell people about what he's selling and that is why he left. Other forum so far are allowing him to say what ever about Evosport and i think that because Evosport is there's sponsor. I just feel that i went out of my way for many people and none had treat me like he does !!! I remember when i refused to install the Kleemann shock for him because i knew it was wrong just by looking at the shock ( The longer shock is labels for the rear and shorter shock is label for the front) and he were still insisting me to install it the way it was labels because he said other people install it the way it label. So when we call Brad at Evosport, i was right and brad said it was labels WRONG !! Then when we finally install the first shock, we ran into another problem. The Kleemann shock dust cover need to be replace with the factory dust cover because the factory dust cover had about 1/2 in. thickness of rubber that act like a a spacer and needed to be install if not, there would be 1/2 in. gap and the shock would be totally loose but he still insisted that to go ahead and install it for him beacuse he said other people had no problem install them (there go again, his info are from other people and brochures rather then from hands on experience ). You have to understand that knowing something and actually doing it totally different things. Just like a Honda saleman, kowing that this car he sell had a V-TEC engine but he's clueless about how the system work !! Let get back to the story. Once again, i ask him to call Brad at Evosport back to tell him about the shock duster cover and Brad didn't understand why we need to use the factory dust cover and at the end, time were running out because there were another person waiting for me to install his spring.<br> <br> Two day later after he had show Brad about the shock dust cover and Brad confirm that we need to use the factory dust cover just like i told Mach430 or the shock will be so loose that it feel like no nut were tight down. So finally he understand the problem after talking to Brad because he call me up and ask me to help him install the shock again. I felt bad for not completed the job for him, so i offer him to drive up to his house ( 225 miles round trip) and install the shock for him the following weekend but three later he cancelled because he couldn't wait and pay other shop to do it. I went out my way to help him and other but he the only one treat me this way. Bruce, how difficult is it just to send out an item that only costed me 90 cents to send. It had been three month now with so many e-mail, calls, friends help, and 3 trip up there and still no len !!<br> <br> Let me remind you that he's a saleman, so at long at he think he can make a sale, they'll go out of their way to make a sale even if they have tell ly about it. We all know that !! BTW, Bruce, so he just start working for Evosport that make him know more then anybody who's doesn't work for an aftermarket company? Do you think a Honda's saleman know as much as a Honda's mechanic does in an engine? They both work for Honda???? You know what i means? Those saleman don't know jack except reading from brochures. <br> <br> Bruce, so you think Mach430 is right about the Clk 430 two air inlet is a BAD design by Mercedes engineer and the single air inlet is a better design. So who do you believe now? A saleman or an engineer? I hope you are are not smoking 'cracks' too, when you answer this...lol....lol....lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Even though Ben has made couple mistakes before, it still doesn't mean he doesn't know ANYTHING...

Kleemann products have just arrived to the US, thus we don't have any experience with them. Labels might have been a mistake Kleemann have made, but who doesn't make mistakes? I'm sure AMG, Brabus, and Carlsson all have made huge mistakes on their products, but people still trust them. I know you dislike Kleemann products, but as long as they're good, why not try to accept the fact they're just as good as Brabus or AMG, or even better. I've come to my way to understand Mercedes-Benz and BMW, I got my car when I was 16, now I'm 18, I can't say I know everything about cars, but as much as I know, I love my car, and this great person, Ben, is willing to help me, and he's a guy who I can believe in, thus I don't agree with you that he doesn't know 'ANYTHING'<br> <br> I'm not a salesman, but I still help people with my so little knoledge of cars, and they appreciate my help. If you think he shouldn't say anything about EvoSport, then you've reached your goal, he barely comes to this forum now because of the dramas people make, and it's not cool.<br> <br> I don't know you in person, but I'm sure you are a nice guy just like Ben. People talk differently on the internet, maybe we can get to know each other on the next meet. Keep up the good work and have a fabulous day. Peace-

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Linh, to be fair, didn't this begin....

with your post about Mach's engine blowing up? It seems that you and Mach have had some issues with each other... that's none of my business. Mach is very enthusiastic about his car and his job. Sometimes that enthusiasm gets him ahead of himself, however, having met him, I believe his intentions are always good. Shit, if I had his car and job when I was 21 I'd be psyched too. <br> <br> Anyway, as far as Evosport goes. When I brought my car to them it was putting out 270 hp at the rear wheel. After the Kleemann install it is putting out 400 hp at the rear wheel... mind you this is a CLK 430 with cams and headers I have put 2200 miles on the car since the Kleemann SC and have had no problems. The car is amazing.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Sleestack......i like Evosport specially Brad whom i talk to many times............................

<br> i have issues with Mach430 who just happen to work for Evosport. Sleestack, i saw Kleemann S/C first hand at the last Ervine meeting putting out over 400 plus hp/tq at the flywheel but it still lower then the E55, Clk 55, Slk32 and C32 in a quarter mile. I would expect it to blow away at least the E55, Clk 55 and maybe the C32. The race that i saw at Ervine Spectrum parking lot, all three cars had excellent tires hook up with no wheel spin what so ever and the Kleemann still slower then the other factory AMG car. I wonder, have you ever do a quarter mile at the race track to see what the number like?

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Bruce.....i agree with everything you say but you missed my point. My point is that................

<br> because of my knowledge in how suspension work, i were able to recognized that the label were wrong and refused to install the longer shock in the rear (the front suspension alway have a longer travel lengh then the rear suspension therefore the longer shock should be install in the front not the rear). Ben, had no knowledge of how the suspension work and insisted me to go ahead and install the longer shock in the rear. That was my point. BTW, Bruce, have you ever heard from Mach430 talk about a person by the name 'CATHY'? If you don't, then i guess that he does not forward any of her e-mail to you. I got about three of those forwarded e-mail from Mach430 about her and that is the reason why he does not like this forum. I personnally have to favor Cathy on this. If it were your forum, you would do the same thing because it not fair for you and other sponsor that pay to advertise in this forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Let drop this issues guys !!! Can wait to meet alot of Mercedes owner............................

<br> this May on the Second Annual Beach Pinic sponsor by Autowerksexpress down here in San Diego. Are you guys coming?

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
No, however...

I had owners of a BMW Z8, Honda S2000 and BMW M5 come over. We ran drags down a 1/2 mile strip and did 60 - 120 acceleration tests against each other. I can tell you that none of the cars came close. The only car that has come close so far is a Corvette Z06... even that car I pulled away from between 80-120mph. I have driven a Kleemann SC 430... my car feels very different. Do remember that I'm getting 400 at the rear wheel not the flywheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
400 hp at rear wheel....now there's the different . I can see why Z06 can't catch up................

<br> cause the Z06 had only 405 at the flywheel. So how do your car get 400 plus at the rear wheel? Upgraded kleemann pulley i suppose.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
No, prior to the Kleemann, I had major...

work done by Oberklasse.. I had the MKB hypertune kit (basically cams and headers) installed and did a 3.07 differential. My car was putting out around 270 hp at the wheels prior to the Kleemann. I might be able to get another 30 - 40 hp out of my car with pulleys and a few other tweaks, however, for now I'm good to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
How you ever consider getting a 3" or larger "down pipe"? This mods alone can re....

<br> hp gain. I get this mods on all my past force induction system cars. I'm also in the middle of doing that on my little Slk 230. Any parts in the exhaust system that you can open up in force induction car can really help. So that must have cost you $$$$$$$. Is it worthest? You could have get yourself a used Ferrari for that kindna $$$$$$.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts