Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the ad posted, it was out of Shelton, CT and they were wanting $50,000.

"1996 Mercedes Unimog, garaged for 10 years, no rust, unit is almost mint, comes with flail mowers, snowblower, and generator, although I never attached any of these I do have them, the only problem is the truck is stuck in gear and its probably minor, I don't have time to play with it. really a great piece that I hate to see go but the time has come , 4,000 miles."

It is the second time that a similar description has been posted in the past few months, and both times I was told it is sold when I contacted them about it a week after the ad was posted. I tried to get some more info both times but the seller didn't respond with anything but it had sold. I think the first time it was listed that it was priced at $40K and didn't say anything about being stuck in gear, but I didn't keep any record of the old ad so I don't know if it was sold, then the new owner resold it, or if the first sale fell through.

I was just curious if anyone had any info on the unit and if it was actually a 1996, the model of the truck, ect... it is just rare for someone to come up with a truck that new that has been around the states since new or almost.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That was one of the reasons I was trying to figure it out, in the ad itself it was listed as being a '96, and lets be honest, I don't think too many 84 mogs are going to be scooped up very quickly at $50K, especially one with issues. The title was listed as a 1996 the last time it was listed fwiw.

Here's a link to the ad http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/2708619326.html

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Is it a sq cab truck? If so, stuck in gear is either a quick fix or a medium size issue. If it is a round cab, I would think stuck in gear is BAD.

C.

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
What I surmised was that it was imported or registered as an '84, but it is actually a'96,
Just reading between the lines. I was curious about it, but not enough to call .

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is pretty funny! Because that's been posted like 4 times. My friend in CT shot him an email a month or two ago about it and the guy never responded (hes 15 minutes from the area its supposedly in)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It took me about 5 or so e-mails both times I saw it listed to get an "it's sold" out of the guy.

Depending on what it was, it could have been 40K too high, or a deal if it was something like a 2100 or the like... guess we'll never know.

Cheers,
Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts