Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a magazine featuring a 1986 124 body converted to the 1990 look, you know with the side garnishes, bumpers, lights, even the trunk handle (chrome). They failed to mention shops whre I can do some shopping. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the trunk handle isn't chrome on the stock 1990s but it is in the 1994-95 if i remember correctly. Also, the headlights are the same, until 94, where they have the flat look and the hood and trunk are redesigned. I imagine you can retrofit the newer parts from any mercedes parts shop to fit your older 300E.<p>Phil

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's correct but I'm not out to spend a lot (more)

when I do the mods, it'll be veru limited to the body work. Thanks a lot.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: That's correct but I'm not out to spend a lot (more)

: when I do the mods, it'll be veru limited to the body work. Thanks a lot.<br><p>To convert: The least expensive way is to buy a hood from a '94-95 E320 and the headlight assemblies from a good MB salvage yard like Atlanta Stutgart,or ABC. Have the hodd and under headlight trim metal painted to match. You would need to buy the lower body cladding from a MB dealer along with clips, or from Weng, a company who sells body parts to body shops. P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: That's correct but I'm not out to spend a lot (more)

: when I do the mods, it'll be veru limited to the body work. Thanks a lot.<br><p>To convert: The least expensive way is to buy a hood from a '94-95 E320 and the headlight assemblies from a good MB salvage yard like Atlanta Stutgart,or ABC. Have the hood and under headlight trim metal painted to match. You would need to buy the lower body cladding from a MB dealer along with clips, or from Weng, a company who sells body parts to body shops. P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Peter!

: : when I do the mods, it'll be veru limited to the body work. Thanks a lot.<br><p>To convert: The least expensive way is to buy a hood from a '94-95 E320 and the headlight assemblies from a good MB salvage yard like Atlanta Stutgart,or ABC. Have the hodd and under headlight trim metal painted to match. You would need to buy the lower body cladding from a MB dealer along with clips, or from Weng, a company who sells body parts to body shops. P.<p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts