Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 320
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to hook her up a little last week ( Bet you don't see too many mineral green ones!!)

Chrome Mesh Bumper Grille
Painted (ugly) Ambers
roof spoiler
225 35 19 front 265 30 19 rear (perfect)
Color Matched ugly black lower panels
Chrome exhaust tip

I am buying springs next week. She looks like a 4x4!!

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
You're right, you don't see too many Mineral Green ones hooked up. It's always nice to see uncommon colors. It will look much better lowered :0)

By the way - your rear tires look like they're on backwards. Your directional tread pattern should be going the other way...

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
shit looks real nice.. once you get it dropped it will look really nice as it already looks like its slightly dropped prob. via spring pad alteration.. and yes your rear tires were put on backwards lol..

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Looks great Bowman!!! I have those lame-ass factory rims still......trying to upgrade under the wife radar......I think I'll have to drive over spike strips so I can justify a new wheels purchase!!
One question...what are "ambers"?.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Amber is the orange color for the lights in the fornt bumper. He replaced them with ones painted the same color as the body.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
blackbenzz - 4/25/2005 11:29 AM

Amber is the orange color for the lights in the fornt bumper. He replaced them with ones painted the same color as the body.
Aha! gotcha. They look ok on silver cars.

·
Registered
CLK 320
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. The orange bumper blinker doesn't go with the car to me. Plus, you already have one in the headlight and on the side of the car/mirror. When the guy painted my car, I just told him to spray a few coats over them.

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
I have been thinking about getting the black trim painted on mine too... I have a 99 320. 300 for the paint and the mesh? Damn, thats straight. I was expecting it to be much more. Is that a normal price.. or did you get hooked up? It doesn't even look like trim anymore. Looks real nice. Where did you get it done? I am in VA Beach. I have only seen one other mineral green one.. and its here in va beach. Rims, lowered, body kit.. its pretty tight. Make sure to post pics when you lower it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah, the more I look at that color, the more I like it. I like rare colors. I think one of my favorite CLKs was that Quartz Blue color...

·
Registered
CLK 320
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got it painted at "Action Auto Center" in Portsmouth. That was just the price he gave me. I bought my own mesh from Pep Boys though. $30.00 He just ripped out the black plastic stuff and installed the mesh for me with the paint job.

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
Bowman, are those Gianelle Oval-6 wheels?

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Bowman - 4/27/2005 12:33 AM

I got it painted at "Action Auto Center" in Portsmouth. That was just the price he gave me. I bought my own mesh from Pep Boys though. $30.00 He just ripped out the black plastic stuff and installed the mesh for me with the paint job.
Thanks, I will have to look them up when I get back from Vegas! [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts