1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, nice day here...

I clay bar'd

Used the Porter Cable with Orange cutting pad along with Menzerna Super Polish, I then did Meguiars Machine Glaze with White pad, then I used this new stuff by 3M:

3M Performance Finish

Awesome stuff. I like it better than NXT.

I also touched up the black with Mother back to Black.

Heres the pics.

Excuse my waxing clothes...No chicks around to impress...haha

As you may have noticed the running boards are gone..I got the rocker panels instead...Also, the suspension is coming and I may get a wing. I really want this thing to handle better. Also the towing should be even better with the stiffer suspension. I am getting a new company car and the ML will sit spotless in the garage until the weekends hit.

·
Registered
99 ML430 - 13 328i
1,112 Posts
sweet. clay bar owns, i gotta do it one day but the weather is HORRIBLE in nyc these past weeks

·
Registered
2004 ML350
258 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Feel like coming up here to Michigan and do my cars? :D:D:D

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel like coming up here to Michigan and do my cars? :D:D:D
Haha I am from the Brighton Area off of US23. Born and raised! I will be up in July for the Holiday, but wont have my wax's with me...lol

You guys are above freezing now, wax 'er up! :)

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
That ML looks brand new!

·
Registered
2001 Ml-320 sport
45 Posts
nice job man. i remember when i claybarred mine, took me the whole day getting each spot. and the job only lasted me like 2 days cuz of damn rain. i got so excited claybarring that i never bothered to check the forecast.
p.s. i like how smooth it is when u rub ure fingers on the body after claybar

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Haha I am from the Brighton Area off of US23. Born and raised! I will be up in July for the Holiday, but wont have my wax's with me...lol

Man, everyone is from the Eastern side of the state! I've only found a couple of Western members. I'm about 20-30 minutes from G.R.

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
Looks great ! Nothing like the black ML after a 4 step. :thumbsup:

Except I never seem to get to enjoy it much longer than the 8 hours it takes, as it always seem to rain the next day. No matter what the forecast is.

·
Registered
ML 270 cdi FINAL EDITION - SLK 200 EDIT10N Allanite Grey MAGNO
153 Posts
Joe: I know(past) that you are a detailer!!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

It´s one of my hobbies.

Our best page in Spain is forodetalles
its very very good.

I buyed the PCable in USA and is excellent.

The ML is wait my PC but my little and old Vitara (Suzuki Tracker in USA) is very very shiny.:D
When I learn to reduce pixels of my pics I send .

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,801 Posts

I am planning on running the 911 in a rally this June that starts in Brighton!
How long did it take you do the entire cleaning. I clay, polish, wax, scothguard etc the w126 once a year and it takes me all day to do that.

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I am planning on running the 911 in a rally this June that starts in Brighton!
How long did it take you do the entire cleaning. I clay, polish, wax, scothguard etc the w126 once a year and it takes me all day to do that.
That rally sounds awesome. I am looking at getting a mid to late 80's 911 as a toy once I pay off some credit cards!

It took me about 5 hours +. The surface was pretty clean to start with, so the first steps didnt take too long. I must say that the Menzurna Super Polish is great for our Hard Paint on the MB's. It works much better than swirl remover 2.0!

The PC saves so much time.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I still think the ML needs something in the front. Not wanting to go the bull bar route, but I would like something added.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML350 (W163), Black 2007 C230 Sport (W203)
82 Posts
That rally sounds awesome. I am looking at getting a mid to late 80's 911 as a toy once I pay off some credit cards!

It took me about 5 hours +. The surface was pretty clean to start with, so the first steps didnt take too long. I must say that the Menzurna Super Polish is great for our Hard Paint on the MB's. It works much better than swirl remover 2.0!

The PC saves so much time.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I still think the ML needs something in the front. Not wanting to go the bull bar route, but I would like something added.

Nice job.. your ML is looking brand new!

Need to find some time to do this to mine. Maybe next weekend once the running boards and 22 wheels are installed. :D

Im with you on the ML needing something in the front.. ive thought about going with the composite brush guard or the expressions highway kit if I can get it to the states. Here are pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the highway kit. Its not available here in the states. You can get it direct from the manufacturer...its about $500+ just for that front lip + paint.

I do like the composite brush guard too!

Make sure you get the pics onces everything it hooked up.

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML350 (W163), Black 2007 C230 Sport (W203)
82 Posts
I love the highway kit. Its not available here in the states. You can get it direct from the manufacturer...its about $500+ just for that front lip + paint.

I do like the composite brush guard too!

Make sure you get the pics onces everything it hooked up.

Thought you might like those.. am stuck on the expressions kit but might be too pricey after freight and Customs fees if any. Will post pics of my ML soon.. so far since you last seen it I have removed all chrome, blacked out grill, blacked out the red in the rear tails, and purchased 22 HRE 540Rs (balck/ brushed face w/ black lip) wrapped in pirelli scorpion 285/30/22 sitting at home.. should be installed along with running boards lowering springs and 8000k HID low beam and fogs this weekend. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts