Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
P0410

I just filled up my tank and after i started the car, I got this error. I will try your DIY tomorrow and follow up.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
This summer I've spent some time troubleshooting P0410 trouble code on my Mercedes C230 Kompressor (W203, 2002).
Eventually, I found the cause and fixed it.
Here is my report with photos and directions (in the attached file).
Hopefully, it will be helpful.
please, do u have diagnostic of p0410 for MB c320 2001. with Photo and direction. the photos of C230 are different than C320

·
Registered
BLK 2000 MBnZ C230 Kompressor "ReDD"
15 Posts
I just got the P0100 and P0410 codes a couple days ago for my 2K C230 Kompressor 150K miles; I just replaced my MAF Sensor Last yr from Ebay (non orig part for $40) I guess that did not last long. I just wonder how it managed to mess the MAF sensor as well. Well, I'm still driving the benz since then. The boost is totally gon from the kompressor and I guess maybe from this thread it is due to the check valve being shut which the air isn't going through the engine. I'm not very familiar on the schematics of the engine and will try out this method and see. Although, yesterday I checked and found there is still power going through the kompressor which IMO, the kompressor is not damanged.

The cold start definitely is very rough, which feels like after turning the engine ON -- I have to rev the gas once since it seems like the engine will not be able to start and would just die if I let it. I should not have any problems with the plugs since I replaced them new with 4 prongs early this yr.

My engine differs a little bit on the photo. I found the shutoff valve which looks like the check valve is just right next to it about a foot away and is very accessable.

I will post my engine pic soon. Hope this thread helps.

-Jay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strykher,
Code P0410 has absolutely no relation to your engine's boost! At all!
It maybe, indeed, your MAF sensor problem.

To those who have other cars or Mercedes models, the secondary A.I.R. system (which thrown P0410 code) is the same in all cars (where it was installed). I mean, it has the same idea behind! Of course, the implementation from manufacturer to manufacturer could be different.
My advise is that you need to find the secondary air pump first and then follow the way where the air is coming. Eventually, you will find all needed valves. And their check/troubleshooting is the same as I described in my file.
Good luck!

P.S. By the way, I sold my Mercedes C230 7 months ago. It was my first Mercedes and the worst car I ever had (for almost 30 years). I mean the reliability, overall quality and maintenance cost. I am deeply frustrated in this brand!

·
Registered
W203 kompressor Estate Avant Garde. 2004
55 Posts
OBD socket in a C180 K

just a question: where is the OBD connector situated in a C180 Kompresor 2004, cannot find it anywhere....:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure where the OBD connector is in C180, but on C230 the connector is located above the pedals (under the steering wheel). It is covered with the black cover.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts
It's in the same place on all MBZs - on the panel underneath the dash, below the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar codes, cam shaft sensor / connector?

We had similar codes from my '02 C230K and traced it to the cam shaft sensor.

The wiring connector clip was broken so we can't actually snap it onto the sensor. Also, the wiring connector has a lot of oil in it so I guess something more nefarious is going on in there...

A new wiring harness is about $50 but it looks like I can't easily install it. The cam sensor attachment is easy on top but I am not sure how to get to the other end. Any suggestions to make sure the sensor stays attached?

We were having starting problems, engine failure during driving, and low power. Cleaned the oil off the wiring connectors and attached the harness and she is back like new...

BTW, on my model it appears that the beauty plates hit the cam shaft wiring harness when removed. They probably cracked the connector at my last oil change and it took a couple of months for it to wiggle loose.

·
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,463 Posts
I don't see how the camshaft sensor is causing the P0140. The actual error is "2038 - [16] G3/1 (O2 sensor downstream TWC) , 'Aging' signal IMPLAUSIBLE [P0140]" There is a problem with oil in the connectors causing all sorts of problems (see the sticky at the top of the forum) but I think that only applies to the M271 engine, and your MY2002 would have the M111. I hope what you did with cleaning the oil in the connector solved the problem, but it might just have been luck.

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
Old post but FYI, on Kompressor, the air for the A.I.R. system is provided by the the supercharger, and on other cars they use an electric pump.

Also, what's with people confusing P0410 with P0140? DURP DURP!
2 entirely different things. Dyslexia I suppose.

Thanks for the pdf! Perfect!
Attaching another doc from the W203 DVD for future reference regarding prequsistes!

Strykher,
Code P0410 has absolutely no relation to your engine's boost! At all!
It maybe, indeed, your MAF sensor problem.

To those who have other cars or Mercedes models, the secondary A.I.R. system (which thrown P0410 code) is the same in all cars (where it was installed). I mean, it has the same idea behind! Of course, the implementation from manufacturer to manufacturer could be different.
My advise is that you need to find the secondary air pump first and then follow the way where the air is coming. Eventually, you will find all needed valves. And their check/troubleshooting is the same as I described in my file.
Good luck!

P.S. By the way, I sold my Mercedes C230 7 months ago. It was my first Mercedes and the worst car I ever had (for almost 30 years). I mean the reliability, overall quality and maintenance cost. I am deeply frustrated in this brand!

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 C230 Sport Coup and 2006 ML350
1,127 Posts
I edited the pdf for readability, you know like when you're standing in front of the car and trying to decipher what to do next?
Also here's a parts list.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes C230 Kompressor
1 Posts
2003 C230 quick cheap P0410 repair

I have had this code for some time now, and only got serious lately as my (California) smog check loomed. I bought a cheap OBD II reader, to make sure P0410 was my only problem (it wasn't; once I had to replace my gas cap). My mechanic said I needed to pay him $100 to run diagnostics and then whatever the repairs were. In California it won't pass with a check engine light. I googled different P0410 issues, and one was hoses. I mentioned this to my mechanic and he pooh-poohed it. I took my C230 home after the B service, and opened the hood to look at the hoses and one little hose literally fell apart in my hands. I went to AutoZone and for $3 bought length enough to replace both little hoses. It has been over a week and the check engine has not come back on (and usually it was back on in 3 days). So, I highly recommend that on an older car (mine is a 2003) you simply check the hoses first. They are cheap and you don't need any tools -- I only used a scissors, and they don't even clamp. And this is not a part of Service A or Service B (for some reason). Saved me a ton of money!!!

·
19,463 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, P0410 is often a vacuum leak, cause by aging rubber hoses. Good catch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts