Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 W202 C220
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a diagnostic tool for my car. Can anyone suggest a good diagnostic tool? Anyone has any review on the iCarsoft MB V1.0 if it is good for my model?

·
Registered
2012 C350 CDI ,1996 C280, 1996 C280 (The Green Ghost) and 1997 C36
30 Posts
I'd say in my opinion since you have an hfm system to check out www.hfmscan.com

I purchased the software and use it with carsoft , it works perfect and gives excellent data. Cost was reasonable, visit the website for more info. Carsoft will only give you minimal functions with the hfm, u can use it to access the airbag module etc but if your primary focus is on the drive train, hfmscan is the way to go in my opinion. But if you got the bucks get yourself star diagnostics or launch.
I have heard of people getting Chinese versions of star to work offline and it worked excellent, can anyone shed light on this topic?

·
Registered
1997 W202 C220
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say in my opinion since you have an hfm system to check out www.hfmscan.com

I purchased the software and use it with carsoft , it works perfect and gives excellent data. Cost was reasonable, visit the website for more info. Carsoft will only give you minimal functions with the hfm, u can use it to access the airbag module etc but if your primary focus is on the drive train, hfmscan is the way to go in my opinion. But if you got the bucks get yourself star diagnostics or launch.
I have heard of people getting Chinese versions of star to work offline and it worked excellent, can anyone shed light on this topic?
What is a hfm system? What specific carsoft tool do you have? I gathered that iCarsoft is better than carsoft? Hope there will be more who can chime in.

·
Registered
2012 C350 CDI ,1996 C280, 1996 C280 (The Green Ghost) and 1997 C36
30 Posts
What is a hfm system? What specific carsoft tool do you have? I gathered that iCarsoft is better than carsoft? Hope there will be more who can chime in.
Hfm is the management system of your car's engine
If you have obd1 only then hfm scan is by far the best choice or star
I have the carsoft7.4
If you got obd2 then I carsoft , launch or star

·
Registered
1997 W202 C220
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure which one I have, all I know is I have the 38 pin connector under the hood

·
Registered
W123 230E, W140 S320, W202 C220
36 Posts
I am not sure which one I have, all I know is I have the 38 pin connector under the hood
Then the HFMScan will work for you. I am using it myself on the same model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts