Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12 s550, while sitting in the car listening to music a few weeks ago (while running) the steering wheel was hard to turn, lights dimmed, I drove for a few miles then parked the car. Battery dead.
I charged the battery, now the radio doesn’t work. No matter what I click music related it says the same thing. Device not available.

Is there anything else I can do before I have to take it to the dealer to be scanned? ($235)
I’ve seen a few posts about this but no real solution or the same EXACT situation
I’ve checked the fuses
I’ve checked the coltage at the amp itself (the fan doesn’t spin but it has voltage...
There was no wet spots in the trunk after a rainy day
I’ve unplugged it for 15mins then tried again
I’ve disconnected the battery under the hood for a while and tried
I’m not sure if there’s anything else I can do or if someone has any other suggestions
I thought about buying a replacement amp and returning it if that doesn’t solve the problem, and I’ve thought about replacing the battery or at least getting it tested but it starts every time and is only 2yrs old
Any help is appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have everything unplugged now I’ll try it again, I’ve done that before. What did you mean by move on to head unit? I also forgot to include that I bypassed the xm module fiber optic connectors and the problem still occurs

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
197 Posts
As @konigstiger stated, at this if your attempts so far have not resolved the issue, I feel you would be well served to have the dealer or a knowledgeable independent technician connect Xentry to it and perform some diagnostic tests that simply can be done using any other method. Perform a MOST wake up test and it will tell you what devices are not responding.

If you select the FM tuner, do you see any FM frequencies listed? Do you see the digital needle displayed on the scale, or is the needle missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts