Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1979 280E
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea what the value of this magnificent vehicle should be? It needs some tender loving care, Paint, minor body work (primarily molding), maybe an engine overhaul, but as it is, it runs beautifully.The interior is clean, leather with some minor and expected wear and tear. The only added item is a modern CD player with a removable face that replaced the original radio. I hope to post a photo as soon as I figure out how to do so. Any suggestions as to find out how or where I might get an appraisal.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Check your vin #. WDB.......... This may be a 1976 model if it is a 280 E. Does it have a sinle headlamp or double headlamps? Check hemmings.com for ads for this model. An estate appraiser can get you an idea too. Miles?

·
Registered
1979 280E
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would any of you Benz members be interested in this fine vintage "somewhat rare" beauty as a project. It runs great as it is and has had lots of parts replaced. New catolytic converter, water pump, rotors. I wish I could afford to complete my original dream to restore her. However, illness is putting an end to that notion. She sits and waits patiently waiting for me or someone dedicated to preserving her, restoring her to the glorious elegance she once enjoyed. It makes my heart even heavier to know that that someone will not be me.
If inerested and dedicated to insuring the completion of her needs, please feel free to contact me by email. (See her photos.....).

·
Registered
1977 W123.123 1995 W124.034
3,927 Posts
wow shes a beaut... hopefully someone on here will buy it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts