Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to have details (pictures help) on changing the spark plugs? Looks like this would fit perfectly on the www.slk32.com site... I'm trying to decide if this is a job that me and my more mechanically inclined father can tackle...

Was looking around my engine last night preparing for what I wanted to ask the dealership for help with on my B-service, and I noticed what looks like a heat bubbles, or where the plastic blistered a little on the front-passenger side -- near the front -- of my supercharger housing. As far as I can tell it's totally cosmetic. While I see it clearly now, I'm not sure why I've not seen it before. It looks to have been there for sometime by the amount of road grit on it. My best guess is maybe it happened during our very long 36 hour drive to and from Amherst Island (Lake Ontario Canada) last summer. Our trip home was just blistering hot. I think it was 105 F in Detroit as we drove through... Should I have a new housing put on my supercharger? How can I verify it's only skin deep? I've not had any trouble with the supercharger at all...

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
The spark plugs are under the red cover on top of the engine ...

Pull the cover off and you can see the spark plug wires. Gently twist the plug boot as you pull on it, it will likely be tight, so some effort will be needed. The plugs are under the boots. If you get something like an arrow shaft (a dowel) with a piece of plastic tubing on it you can slip the new plugs into the tubing and then start them into the holes in the cylinder head. Tighten as per spec. (I'm not sure what the torque is, but good and snug.) Don't over tighten.
Don't mix up the wires, do one at a time. Don't drop the new plugs.
Easy job, no pictures, don't have the 230 anymore... [:D]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts