Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E 320 , Cay S, ML500
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What details I can find out from the VIN number and any related sites. I am not so much into Carfax as they don't really capture most of the details. The standard details like date of manyfacture / date of registration etc. should be available somewhere else too with out paying $ 25.

Can anyone please help.

I am considering 2003 ML 500 (15K miles) at approx. $ 31K. Good / Bad Deal ??

Thanks

·
It was fun while it lasted
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,137 Posts
The Vehicle Identification numbers are universally the same (i.e.- each character has the same meaning such as 1st character is country of origin, 2nd is the manufacturer etc.)

Go to http://www.autoinsurancetips.com/vin.htm for more info on this subject and the details.

As for the month of manufacture, this can be found in the door panel on the driver's side. I don't know how you will find date of registration in your state unless you can come up with tag receipts or title applications.

As far as a good deal, that is in the eyes of the beholder. Mercedes are problematic and cost a lot to fix. However you should have a warranty with this one. I would say it's probably a fair deal. (Could you talk them down? Since I'm frugal, I would![:D])

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
It would be much easier if you just clicked on the model guide at the top of this page and entered the vin number at the bottom of the new page.

We certainly have very impressive resources on this site.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sanjay: You can send me the VIN number and I can send you the report that AutoCheck sends. I purchased the service trying to decide whether I should trade my 98 ML320 for a Lexus LX470. I decided to keep the ML and fix it up. It has a major repair (transfer case) that needs to be taken care of. So, I will be taking it in for that ... anyhow, if you (or anyone else is interested in a report) feel free to send me an email ([email protected]) while I still have the service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts