Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the "other" site, so some of you who are on that site have seen these pics.

Well, I took out all the swirls with using the Porter Cable 7336sp Variable Speed buffer, Sonus DAS pads and Meguires Professional DACP.

The shots in order are:

1: Equipment
2: Before WITH swirls!!
3: After WITHOUT swirls!!
4: Money Shot 1
5: Money shot 2

Attachments

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
DANG!! Dat mofo shiney!! I don't have any swirl marks....yet, knock on Burlwood. Am I correct in assuming that if I only use natural materials, ie: 100% cotton and a wool covered sponge, that I wont get "swirlies"?

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThrillKill - 5/5/2005 3:50 PM

DANG!! Dat mofo shiney!! I don't have any swirl marks....yet, knock on Burlwood. Am I correct in assuming that if I only use natural materials, ie: 100% cotton and a wool covered sponge, that I wont get "swirlies"?
Thanks man. Actually, wool is only for serious cutting, so I would stay away from the wool pads. I would use quality microfiber towels instead to wipe and buff your car. As long as you wash/wax and dry it properly, your swirls should stay away for a while.

·
Registered
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,186 Posts
The gloss is so deeeep it looks like you can reach into the paint. Sweeeeet.

The thumbs up in the one pic - very funny!!

I'm still waiting for the fed-ex.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
your car is a sexy bitch, have you considered taking off or blacking out the chrome window trim?

·
Registered
2002 CLK-430
166 Posts
Nice Shine

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
much much better!! [:D]

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Phade - 5/6/2005 4:12 PM

how did you black out the amber side markers and do you have that little v8 emblem on both sides of your car..
You can get them painted to match the color of your car...looks really good in my opinion. The orange just sticks out.

The V8 symbols come off the G Wagon...you can get them at your dealer or on eBay. Gotta let 'em know what I got, ya heard!? haha [:)]

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
I shoulda had a V8...lol......on second thought the ML costs around 25,000 dollars to fill up now....I'll stick with my little 3.2 banger heh heh

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430
1,131 Posts
i'm saying do you have the v8 symbols on both sides of your car or just the drivers side.. and any paint and body shop will paint the amber sides i'm guessing? how much will that cost me..

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
has anyone seen the V8 badges on the C pillar? I want to know how that would look.... The old 600SEL's had the V12 badges on the C pillar.

·
Registered
05 E55
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phade - 5/6/2005 5:18 PM

i'm saying do you have the v8 symbols on both sides of your car or just the drivers side.. and any paint and body shop will paint the amber sides i'm guessing? how much will that cost me..
Yeah man, both sides. You can get them already painted at Performance Products I think or one of these sponsered links...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts