Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Launch Edition, 2013 Mercedes Benz C300 4Matic
986 Posts
Contact Mercedes Benz of North America and they will send you one, at a cost I would assume.

·
Registered
1997 SL500 LE
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
josephanthony, your silverarrow is AWESOME111 You must really be in heaven. Thank you for the suggestion. While at it, I will bitch about the local d(st)ealer here. Such terrible service, really! Nothing like killing two birds with one stone, I always say.

·
Registered
97SL500 R129, SL55 AMG R230
6 Posts
Post a search on ebay, you can set it up to email you when one is listed. They come up fairly often. I paid about $10.

·
Registered
clk350
71 Posts
Ivory,

If you go through MB, the SL operators manual is a special aftermarket one, not necessarily year specific. However, the only thing that 'may' be real 'off' is the comfort controls and the radio operation. Secondly, the book is printed straight half-tone, which means the photo's are not as sharp or detailed as a real book and things like the idiot light layout is not too clear. But, if you need to start somewhere.....it's better than nothing.

E-bay is the usual source, but I also think supply and demand has kicked in. A year or so ago you could get a complete leather bound set with the maint. book, tire book, etc. for 15-18$. By last summer these were 'buy it now' priced at $30 and selling like hotcakes, and by fall they were open bid to $45+ a set. It may be supply and demand, it may just be a seasonal thing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Ivory;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34227&item=7971412660&rd=1

NO BIDDERS YET - -TWENTY FIVE BUCKS AND IT'S YOURS!

·
Registered
1997 SL500 LE
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CQ--I am counting on eBay now bc there is a 2-month back order on MB-NA on these. I questioned the rep last night (grilled might be an appropriate term) and got absolute assurances that the manual suppplied by MBNA is an exact replacement of the original--not a reproduction edition of any kind, and it costs only $10.00. But they are completely out of stock for two months is the problem. That one on eBay was a great find. I have been on the email notification list for the past 2 weeks and somehow I missed it. What would I do without the Forum! Thank you so much.

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
Happy to provide the link - - I watched the category like a hawk when I found mine last year - - and paid just about the same as I recall.

Best wishes for great fun with the new Benz!

Regards-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Call MB at 18003676372 - The manual is a MB reproduction and the cost is reasonable - approx $23. You can also order other reproduction literature (i.e. spare parts catalogue, service manuals, illustrated parts catalogue).

·
Registered
SL500, ML320, E320
538 Posts
IVORY:
Have you been able to purchase a set of owners manuals for you car ?? Here's a link to a set for 2002 that should be pretty similar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34227&item=7973778857&rd=1

Regards-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts