Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, long time lurker here and wanted to first say thank you for everyone's input. These forums have been a critical resource in my assisting my local pastor with restoring his vehicle. I have run into a roadblock replacing guide rod mounts. I have the fresh guide rod ball joints but the old one was incredibly stripped and destroyed the "female end" or receiving end tube of the ball joint. I have searched everywhere online and tracked down the OEM part number and a few for sale via eBay but they are $176 minimum! please let me know if anyone else knows where they are in stock for cheap or if you have one for sale!

Part Number: A 1233302130

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,363 Posts
Gents, long time lurker here and wanted to first say thank you for everyone's input. These forums have been a critical resource in my assisting my local pastor with restoring his vehicle. I have run into a roadblock replacing guide rod mounts. I have the fresh guide rod ball joints but the old one was incredibly stripped and destroyed the "female end" or receiving end tube of the ball joint. I have searched everywhere online and tracked down the OEM part number and a few for sale via eBay but they are $176 minimum! please let me know if anyone else knows where they are in stock for cheap or if you have one for sale!

Part Number: A 1233302130
Have no idea what the ride is. Possibly a w123?
Help us help you.
That being said, have you checked your local pick n pulls?
Pricing does not look to be out of line.

without knowing all the vehicle specifics - a quick search shows this

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have no idea what the ride is. Possibly a w123?
Help us help you.
That being said, have you checked your local pick n pulls?
Pricing does not look to be out of line.

without knowing all the vehicle specifics - a quick search shows this
Excellent points! This is a W126 1986 420 SEL. I have scoured the local yards within 200miles and not a single one matches in Virginia Beach. I’m having a tough time justifying the $178, it’s seems wayyy excessive

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,363 Posts
Excellent points! This is a W126 1986 420 SEL. I have scoured the local yards within 200miles and not a single one matches in Virginia Beach. I’m having a tough time justifying the $178, it’s seems wayyy excessive
Shares the same part # with a few other MBs including the w123
You may wish to broaden your search
Also do search with "w123 LCA rod" or w126... and contact the sellers with your vin#.
Many times the seller does not have all the compatible info listed on their pages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shares the same part # with a few other MBs including the w123
You may wish to broaden your search
Also do search with "w123 LCA rod" or w126... and contact the sellers with your vin#.
Many times the seller does not have all the compatible info listed on their pages.
I was able to find it online for $30 shipped after I matched the part number to a w123, thanks friend! I really appreciate the guidance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts