Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

What are these designations and what "special things" do each include?

I haven't seen any literature on either.

What is available for the US models?

Thanks.

- SonofC320

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Most of the pieces of the European Avantgarde package are either standard or part of the...

Most of the pieces of the European Avantgarde package are either standard or part of the North American Sport package. I don't think Designo in available for the C class in the US.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Most of the pieces of the European Avantgarde package are either standard or part of the

Most of the pieces of the European Avantgarde package are either standard or part of the North American Sport package. I don't think Designo in available for the C class in the US.
Ah... so it is different packaging/branding more or less? What is Designo and what is typically included?

MB USA HQ could not answer this question. Go figure. Appears that they've trained with the same material as the HQ folks for my BMW.

Thanks for your input.

- SonofC320

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Designo

No Designo features are available on the C class in the US. There are two Designo programs. In Europe, you can use Designo to have the car painted in most any color you wish, add an interior to you specs, and have the wood trim in a much wider choice of woods. In North America, Designo is a package on the more expensive models. Usually it is a choice of two paint, leather, and wood trim packages.

SLK32 AMG Designo packages ($4900):

S500 designo ($10,700):

There are 5 Designo packages at various prices for the ML. I have seen the Cognac and it is beautiful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, those are beautiful. If it were available, I would flip the bill if it were reasonab...

Yes, those are beautiful. If it were available, I would flip the bill if it were reasonable and if the options were appealing.

My fiancee's father has an E class abroad that has the Avantgarde. It was okay, but not to my tastes. Those pics you attached show very clear what is possible. Thanks.

- SonofC320

1 - 5 of 5 Posts