Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK320
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is text from the Mercedes-Benz USA site about designo (in graphite) for the SLK.

QUESTION: It mentions that Nappa leather "dresses the instrument hood" -- I'm trying to envision this --> does this mean just the read-out dials (e.g. speedometer) or does this Nappa leather cover the whole dashboard? If anyone can post a photo of what this "instrument hood" covered in Nappa leather looks like I'd appreciate it.

-Sam

FROM THE MERCEDES-BENZ USA WEB SITE DESIGNO GRAPHITE DESCRIPTION
"Feel the craftsmanship of a designo edition in the smooth surfaces of the extraordinary leather and the beauty of the premium materials in the carefully selected and richly detailed wood.

All designo woods are shaped and finished by hand, then matched by the expert eye of a craftsman. This ensures that every detail in each designo edition contributes to the singular character and a harmonious feeling that only a master's touch can create.

Inside the SLK-Class Graphite Edition, exquisite Natural Poplar Maple wood trim graces the console, dash and doors. Graphite Nappa leather dresses the seats, instrument hood and door inserts. Outside, Graphite paint signals that this is not your typical SLK. With their unique statements of style, these packages are not for everyone. But if you cherish quality and preciously guard your individuality, a Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class designo edition just might be the perfect answer."

·
Registered
2002 SLK320
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh, how interesting -- I don't think I've seen that before.

Does anyone have a photo of what a leather-covered dashboard looks like?

malibuite - 2/21/2005 7:43 PM

Yes, I think a previous post stated that it covered the whole dashboard.

·
Registered
SLK 200K
43 Posts
My 200K will arrive in approx 4 weeks and will have black/antracite leather/alcantara designo seats, roof lining, A/B pilars, and some other interior/dashboard elements (can't remember exactly what it was).

I will of cause post pictures when it arrives.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts