Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Aston Martin in England last night because I wanted to know when my 2006 Vanquish S would be delivered.

I spoke with the factory and we discussed the scheduled production of my car which I now know goes into production on August 8th.

Very similar experience to the 15-18 MB's I have ordered. YEAH right.

Given that production date they said I would have my car in early October.

That seems like a million years from now so these are my thoughts.

Should I hold on to my SL600 until October or should I sell it now. Emotionally, I want that car out of my garage as the more I deal with Aston the more I get upset at Mercedes.

Should I keep my car until October? There is no chance I will keep it after that but something tells me the time will go faster if I am driving my SL600. The other side of me says I don't want that car anywhere anymore.

I know this sounds kinda funny but won't I lose a huge amount in depreciation on the SL600 between now and October.

Any thoughts on how much I'd lose between keeping the car until October and selling it now?

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Keep the car and enjoy it if in fact driving it is now enjoyable considering all you've been through. If however, driving the car is a miserable experience for you based on all the problems you have had, then sell it at once. In other words Lovin, if you've "lost that Lovin feeling", then why delay the inevitable? Especially if your dissapointments with the vehicle continue to eat away at your driving enjoyment. Lovin, I have always made a point of purging myself of those things and people that upset me to the point of distraction. With this approach to life I have maintained a career in an extreamly high-pressure business in relatively good health. Any way, good luck with whatever you decide. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
mark11 - 4/21/2005 11:58 AM

Keep the car and enjoy it if in fact driving it is now enjoyable considering all you've been through. If however, driving the car is a miserable experience for you based on all the problems you have had, then sell it at once. In other words Lovin, if you've "lost that Lovin feeling", then why delay the inevitable? Especially if your dissapointments with the vehicle continue to eat away at your driving enjoyment. Lovin, I have always made a point of purging myself of those things and people that upset me to the point of distraction. With this approach to life I have maintained a career in an extreamly high-pressure business in relatively good health. Any way, good luck with whatever you decide. Hope this helps.
I couldn’t agree more. Five years ago I fired 40% of my customers. Let them go and infect by competitors.
Drive it if you still like it, dump it if you don’t.
I am very happy driving my SLK32, but driving is not the same when I know that my SL55 will be due in port the 26th.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Final thoughts on depreciation...

With mixed emotions, although I know the best for me, this link is my final thoughts on the depreciation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6338&item=4546596798&rd=1

Only the best of luck to everyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts