Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500SEL
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know BOSCH or HELLA are the best.. but too expensive..

I am thinking of buying the headlights and the smoked tail lights from DEPO (importvision.com)

anyone tried them>>

Please advice...

·
Registered
87 420SEL, 89 560SL, 92 300TE
62 Posts
I have the Depo lights on my 420SEL. They seem to work well, except for an intermittent problem with one of the reflectors coming free from its pivot. That has not happened in some time, though, and overall I really like the lights. I have the vacuum adjust hooked up and it works great.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
I agree with second hand - failing that Depo is the better product. Euro lights are not only an improvement in looks, but provide safer driving over the DOT lights. Even the cheap lights from Depo and TCY are better and safer than DOT lights.

·
Registered
1984 300SD 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
1,128 Posts
I put the Depo's on the SDL within the last six months and am very pleased with them. Importvision had a sale at $189.00. Sure beats $600 for the Bosch.

I don't think you would do better with a used Bosch set, because of the likelihood of needing new lenses for them.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,971 Posts
I heard Depo is a pretty good brand too. I bought a bosch Euro headlight set used condition and is like new. No pitting on the lenses...[:D] Maybe i just got lucky. Usually the lens are pitted. Cost like $35.00 to replace them.[:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts