Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any idea how much it would cost to fix these dents? Someone is selling this car and I want to buy it. I'd like know how much I should bargain down the seller's price for.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I have heard "Dent Wizard" charges anywhere from $100 to $150 per dent and I believe they price their work mostly on the time it takes. They are not painting anything, but pulling them out with magnets. If those need conventional body work (stripping paint, hammering out affected area, re-painting, or a new bumper) I think you are looking at a lot more money than I mentioned above.

·
Registered
E250 Bluetec Sprinter250 Bluetec
37,248 Posts
Dent Wizard doesn't work on plastic.
The only way to fix it properly is buy new bumper.
I haven't seen plastic repairs, that would not peel off few months later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, just to clarify since my post seems ambiguous: Someone is selling that car and I want to buy it. I'd like to know how much to bargain down the seller's price for the car.

·
Registered
E250 Bluetec Sprinter250 Bluetec
37,248 Posts
Definitely no more, than the seller is willing to accept.
You are not buying new car. You have to accept that buying something for fraction of actual cost will have some imperfection. Check with dealer how much replacement cost. Those 124 bodies have lot of aftermarket parts as well.
I think you can get new bumper for less, than $200.

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
That appears to be in the metal above the bumper (or is that plastic). Dent Wizard works great but not so well for creased metal. Try taking the pic to a dent guy and get a rough estimate. Based on my Bimmer dent, $150 total seems about right (if the dent is easy access).

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
That is above the bumper and metal, not plastic. The one of the right is not a prospect for dent removal, will require traditional work and repaint. The one on the left may be suitable for dent removal but it's hard to tell for sure. But it doesn't really matter - you've got to get the paint gun out anyway for the on the right. I'm guessing $200 to $400 depending on where you go.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I would first try to find what it is worth based on the year, mileage, options, and overall condition without the dents. Then I would deduct $1000 from that and make them that as an offer. That is (of course) unless they are asking less than what the books say it is worth. Maybe someone else can give you some websites, but I think J.D. Powers is considered a pretty good source for pre-owned cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts