Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my car three days ago, not too happy with the quality and delivery process. Here goes!

1) There is a small patch on the paint, about 1.5 sq. inch, where there are significant little swirl marks. You can hardly see it, but from a certain angle, it looks as if the pain has a dull patch. Nothing but a repaint can fix this and I am not too keen on doing this that because I know they will never match the color!

2) The standard mesh wind blocker was not included on delivery!

3) They were out of phone handsets, expecting delivery soon!

4) The steering wheel's leather was damaged by either the factory or the prep team. The leather is significantly scratched on the lower left side and can only be fixed through replacement (they better). I can feel this every time I turn the wheel!

5) The car is slightly misaligned and swerves to the right everytime I let go of the wheel. No apparent damage to the wheels, but who knows, I have not been under the car!

Compared with my outgoing Audi S4, I can tell you that the quality, pre-inspection and what not, stinks for a 50K car! I just hope they take care of these problems soon so I can enjoy my darn investment. I also hope that the engine lasts as long as a "normal" benz engine, which is a lot of miles and not suffer these leaks that some guys have been talking about in the forum.

Any one experience anything close to this.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
May I be the first to ask where you are posting from and to please update your profile to include such.

To me it sounds like someone had their way with your car before you even took delivery. First of all, the dull patch you speak of sounds awfully fishy and is more likely damage done during transit or while the car spent time at the dealership prior to delivery and the dealer made a weak attempt to buff it out. Paint jobs of all the new R171's I've seen at local dealerships, including my own 55 have been near flawless. The mesh wind deflector you are missing is supposed to be included in the purchase price as it is listed on the car's window sticker to be included in the MSRP you paid (at least it does in US delivered cars). Damage to the steering wheel sounds like someone really had their way with your car. Lastly, a new car out of alignment from the factory is not only highly unlikely and rare but it should have at least been corrected by the service department during PDI and prep prior to customer delivery. Furthermore, it should raise further suspicion that someone really really had their way with your car.

Sorry about your misfortunes. Good luck and I hope your stealer makes things right for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts