Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I recently ordered a new ML350BTC which had to be shipped from another dealer. Home dealer traded one of their MLs for the away dealer - basically their car rolled off truck and my car rolled on.
Today I went to finally pick up vehicle after prep, docs etc have been completed.

To my surprise (and the salesmen whom I had purchased from before) during the inspection, the car had 307 miles on it.
I have purchased many new cars in the last 20 years. All have had under 30 miles. I'm pretty picky about buying new because that's what I'm paying for - a new, unblemished, car that I break-in the way I want and know the history from day 1.

The car has a paint chip on the hood and a cm long scratch on the front spoiler. A bummer really as I am admittedly anal about my cars, also keeping a driver's log in each car. The sales manager got involved and is going to contact the originating dealer for an explanation. I told them despite having the desired color and options, had I know the car would have came with that much mileage, I wouldn't have taken it.

I'm not sure how best to address this as I wanted a new car not one close to new. Besides given the originating dealership's failure to disclose mileage, I have no way of knowing if the car may have been hit, in an accident, driven hard for the first 300miles.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions on what to do next would be very welcome.

Thank you.
:(

·
Registered
2003 Brilliant Silver C320 Sedan
129 Posts
My thought is to refuse delivery and get all your money back. To me 300 miles is not a new car but one they used as a demo or courtesy car, etc.

·
Registered
1994 S420
310 Posts
Not What You Might Have Expected

When paying a large sum of $$$$$$, you deserve to get exactly what you expected. Nothing less.

That said....300 miles is about 10 hours of driving, 20 thirty minute test drives...based on a typical 30mph short haul avg speed.

My sense is you will regret and resent if you take the car. Don't do it.

You have no moral or ethical obligation to the dealer, seller etc.

There is a certain justified selfish pride....I got the car and it only had 18 miles, or 30, or some really low value.

Ask the dealer to locate another exact car with mileage as you wish.

It is your car.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I would do as already suggested:

"Ask the dealer to locate another exact car with mileage as you wish."

Someone should have disclosed the mileage, but in their defense, if you didn't ask they must have assumed it didn't matter to you.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
It almost sounds like they drove it from the other dealer or used it as a demo. I would not take it and have them find another. I would write down the vin, I purchased a SL once but I did not want the pinstripe, a week later they called and told me they found another, they had buffed off the stripe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts