Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderately subtle
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I had occasion to stop at a Hardees between work and home (Spring City and Sodomy Daisy, as CLK calls it) and found myself in the middle of a "singing," meaning there were people inside singing religious tunes . . . . in a Hardees . . . with a keyboard, two speakers, an amp, and way too many friggin mic's . . . not a single one of the "singers" could carry a tune in a bucket, completely tone deaf . . . did I mention they had an amp? It was like a nightmare American Idol episode. Did you know that you can't eat a Thickburger and drive (at least I won't try it in the 500e)? Anyhow, I slammed the Thickburger and got out of there as quickly as possible, even ignoring the fact that the door prize ticket a little boy insisted that I accept won a door prize of a decorative plastic cross that Barack Hussein Obama would be proud of.
Anyhow, it leads me to the question, perhaps rhetorical in this group, do people who are tone deaf know it?

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
^ I'm convinced they don't. The people on Idol are shocked and destroyed when they're advised of the fact that they posses absolutely no talent whatsoever. Genuinely shocked. Destroyed. Their worlds have ended. It's utterly fascinating to me.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Wow! do people like that really extist? OMG! I mean like what in the world would get someone to do something as like totaly stupid as that?:cool:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
^ Ten. Nes. See. It's a state of mind.
No! I lived in Nashville for 3 years and Never saw anything like that..... Saw way too many totaly screwed up questionable what sex they were suppose to be morons..... Late nite down town areas.... however nothing like that singing religous shit in a fucking Hardees type thing OMG that is totaly out of it!

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
Mongooses love that kind of shit. Especially with a monster thick burger, or a bacon ultimate cheeseburger.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
Last night, I had occasion to stop at a Hardees between work and home (Spring City and Sodomy Daisy, as CLK calls it) and found myself in the middle of a "singing," meaning there were people inside singing religious tunes . . . . in a Hardees . . . with a keyboard, two speakers, an amp, and way too many friggin mic's . . . not a single one of the "singers" could carry a tune in a bucket, completely tone deaf . . . did I mention they had an amp? It was like a nightmare American Idol episode. Did you know that you can't eat a Thickburger and drive (at least I won't try it in the 500e)? Anyhow, I slammed the Thickburger and got out of there as quickly as possible, even ignoring the fact that the door prize ticket a little boy insisted that I accept won a door prize of a decorative plastic cross that Barack Hussein Obama would be proud of.
Anyhow, it leads me to the question, perhaps rhetorical in this group, do people who are tone deaf know it?
Did you get your free "Burgerslayer" dogtags?

·
Registered
14,512 Posts
@ Edfreeman.

They were singing for Jesus.I suspect he is far less critical than you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have Hardees there?! I haven't seen one of those in forever. mmmmsogood.

nvm it looks as though they are the same as Carl's Jr., at least from their website.

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
@

Looks like Mr petty and insecure is going after everyone who's ever aggrieved or annoyed him in the virtual world. Simple

·
Moderately subtle
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ Edfreeman.

They were singing for Jesus.I suspect he is far less critical than you.
You could be right, one of my failings. If you believe as they do, then you must expect he was quite pleased, since it is written somewhere "Make a joyful noise . . . ." and they were quite joyful, and were certainly making noise. I'll try Krystal's next time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts