Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML500
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 ML500. When starting from a stop there is a slight delay then a lurch. I have adjusted the way I work the accelerator pedal to account for this. I believe this is a transmission characteristic that I will have to live with. I have taken it in twice to have them look at it and after new transmission software and a transmission service (new fluid/filter), the problem is still there. The service technician said there is nothing they can do about it. Oddly, when I drove it home after the transmission service it drove perfectly for about a day, then it went back to the delays. I wonder if they reset the transmission (cleared the stored learning data). Anybody found a way to resolve this?

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
You can reset the 'learning' part of the transmission yourself. If I remember correctly, you start with the engine off, turn the iginition to 'on' (the last position before 'start') and then press the throttle pedal fully to the floor and hold it there 20 seconds. Switch off, release the pedal, and then start the engine.

Maybe someone else can chime in if I got the sequence wrong there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts