Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going off to college pretty soon and am looking to pickout a car from graduation, I was always pretty set on the C320 sports sedan, but I went into Mercedes of Portland (btw I went there twice monday I went there and saw greg's ML, test drove came back and saw him pulling out BUT HE DIDNT SEE ME [:(]) they had 2 C55's a silver and my perfect black on black, I went there by myself and checked it out, suprisingly she asked if I wanted to drive it, I've test driven many cars at least 10 where 70% were over $40k which may be unusual for my age (16), she took it up to a awesome road to test a high performance car, while she was taking it up there she was pushing it to show me what it could do, but when it was my turn I just let lose, I was still a little nervous going around corners (after driving an ML430) but I got over it, I loved every minute of it, the power made the ML seem like a station wagon, and when I got back into the ML I felt like I was in a V4 metro

I'm paying half for my car and have allocated about $20k the C55 that I drove was fully loaded at $60k every package available, should I spend the time to try and get an extra $10k, would it be worth it in the long run?

I took some pics the second time I went back for some of you who need pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your 16! Buy a Yugo and put the other $55k toward college! When you graduate and accomplished your goals then reward yourself with the latest and greatest Benz![xx(]

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
yea no crap... well im sure the mom and pops are going to get it for him...

This is what i would do and you pops will think your smart. tell them you want a normal car, tahoe, yukon, 4 runner, or noraml car NOT a mb, bmw, jag and you want a used one. if warranty is a problem buy a extended one.

The reason for this is simple.

COLLEGE = BAD PARKING = DORMS = BEER = DRUNK PEOPLE = KEYED, KICKED, BROKEN WINDOW, STOLEN EMBLIMBS, FLAT TIRES on a new benz ever weekend. Also the way the college guys are if they did it once and you fixed it then you have plenty of money so they do it over and over again...

Trust me i know. I made the mistake when i went to see my girlfriend when she was in college.

If it was me i would be in a 4x4 tahoe for like $15-20K and let good times roll... just think if you pass on the benz now maybe they will double up for you. when you grad this time get a house

·
Registered
98 mecedes c43
69 Posts
he's got a point i just turned 18 i got my 1999 c43 when i was 15yrs old and i thought abuse it and show everyone what you could do because even if it brakes you got warranty. i never got into an accident thanks god but i destroyed that car in a very short period of time. besides that i dont have a drivers license and im not eligeble for one until june of 2009. i recently bought an e55 on my own when my father told me to get a range rover but i dint want to listen and still wanted to buy fast cars. before i got it i was only suspended for six months now i can get my license back for a while. so speed got me to the point where i have to be scared to drive my own car. i still drive cause i have no choice but my point is that i feel like a theif driving my own car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts