Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving, the car started to decelerate but did not make any strange noise and did not show a warning light . It jerked and then resumed the regular speed. I drove a short time, parked the car, drove it again. As I was returning, it decelerated again but this time stalled and every red light on the dash came on. It started briefly but stalled. I had it towed to the mechanic.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Plenty of ideas, were it mine the first thing I'd have done would be to check for codes...that's why they are there. Otherwise you're just guessing.

Even a tank of bad fuel could account for what you're describing, so if you'd filled up not too long before this happened that's a possibility.

Good luck, hopefully your shop is honest. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I agree about checking codes...my comment above is that the most common problem for the symptoms described is the MAF and when it goes it throws codes that indicate O2 sensor problems...which actually is not the problem. It could also be a clogged fuel filter or bad fuel pump...check the rail pressure....please post your results when fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem fixed

It was the fuel pump. The mechanic was surprised because I only have 43000 miles on the car. It is running beautifully now. I was also fortunate that the supplier had one in stock.
Thank you for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts