Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-though this is my first post here, it is ot my 1st post on the forum. I used to own a w140. I recently moved to Hawaii and while looking for a project i ran across a 1979 w116 with a asking price of about 1200. It has a little rust but the interior is immaculate not a single tear in the leather dash is flawless and aside for the AC not working and one of the windows needing work on the track it seems on the up and up. It does have amg wheels and a badge and steering wheel (which i suspect may have been added when the car was repainted) My question to you are there any quirks with these models? I had asked the same before purchasing my w140 and the replies helped me with shopping for a good one. Thanks in advance.

I plan to spend some cash on the car to repair and have about an additional 4 grand to put into it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I expect to put a little money in it and after my w140 i learned a few things that were common for that model like wire harness issues, the dreaded duo valve, and vacuum lines. I would like to know if the w116 has any of its own quirks...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts