Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'87 300D
1,394 Posts
I'd go over that car with a fine tooth comb, looks like it has been sitting a while. Also, $2700 for a car with a salvage title. Pass....I'd offer $1500 and thats the highest I'll go with a salvage title. Curious why its salvage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go over that car with a fine tooth comb, looks like it has been sitting a while. Also, $2700 for a car with a salvage title. Pass....I'd offer $1500 and thats the highest I'll go with a salvage title. Curious why its salvage.
Ditto on the salvage. That said, my brother's car was technically a salvage because it had been stolen and recovered. There wasn't a damn thing wrong with it.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,367 Posts
+1 on being wary about salvage titles. I'd go no higher than $1000-1200, and probably less if it still has a #14 cylinder head and/or still has the oxidizer trap exhaust.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,744 Posts
Not to mention the well placed rock in front of the left rear wheel. Be real, real careful with this one. Look at the surroundings in the two images. Alot of half baked "projects".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually tracked the phone number to an address and got a satellite photo. Lots of projects is an understatement. I think I'll get back on the waiting bench. But god damn it, they don't turn up often :(

·
Registered
1994 sold/new White 2014 c250 sport/night eition
177 Posts
Curious why its salvage.

Insurance companies issue salvage titles at the drop of a hat, if the car is more expensive to repair than the book value...BMW/Jaguar/Mercedes etc...
My '88 Jag was salvaged when this lady backed into the left rear door, I bought it back for a $1.00 and re-registered it and the title now says salvage.....used the rest of the money to buy my C280

1 - 8 of 8 Posts