Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering from all those of u that had to order ur cars exactly when it was that the dealer was able to give u some sort of concrete proof that ur car had been ordered and what delivery date you could expect. Basically I had ordered a car over a month ago and I just keep getting blown off when I ask what is going on. At most I get a 'yah, the order is in the system and we wont get a tracking # or VIN until the car is actually completed'. This is annoying at the very least.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
well.. i ordered in november.. and ive got a "it should be getting built in may"

yours sounds more concrete than mine

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
The usual crap from the usual suspects. Once your car enters production the VIN is available through Netstar.Ask the dealer for the Netstar printout.

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed also that they did not charge me the $1000 deposit. Hmm to call or not to call on that.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
43 Posts
Ordered in early Nov. a week later had a confirmed delivery date of late Dec. beginning of Jan. The car was delivered on Christmas Eve. a total of 7 weeks. For once an honest dealer.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
Ordered the car in Sept. Dealer said they were looking at about 12 weeks till delivery. He called in Oct. with the build info and the car was delivered almost 3 months to the day. I'm sure your guy can give the same info. Use the power of the forum[:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350, Mars Red
9 Posts
I ordered in January. The dealer gave me the NetStar order status in mid March and today he told me its status is B7, at port/ready to be shipped. Look at post #1416549 which gives all the codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts