Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to pass on my experience with a local MB dealer. Decided to let the dealer replace my air conditioner evaporator core. Expected to spend at $2600.00. Job ended up being $2900.00. No problem with cost. Replaced core, drier, expansion valve and seals. I paid the bill without blinking. <br>
<br>
Here's where it got ugly. They cracked the instrument cluster bezel when removing it. Their response was that they would replace it for free but not with the bezel for my model year?? Second suggestion was that I pay $300.00 for a new one. Resulted in glares, wailing and knashing of teeth. Finally they agreed to replace it with one they had in stock.<br>
<br>
Next problem. Noticed that the outside temperature(in the cluster)light would not illuminate. When I brought it to their attention, their comment was that it was out when I brought it in. Not true. More glares, stares, wailing and knashing of teeth. They claimed that entire cluster would have to be replaced($1000.00). I just said no, hell no, stood my ground. I refused to take the car like it was. They finally agreed to "Try and fix it". It turns out that evidently they can be bench repaired. <br>
Now I noticed that the SRS light is not lighting on start up. <br>
They had to charge for something. so they claimed my third break light was out and charged me 68.00 for that. <br>
I hate the thought of going back to this dealer for maintenance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been there, done that didn't get a kiss and felt dirty and used afterwards. Went out and found the group of good techs who left and started their own shop and lived happily for at least few days.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
I hope you also wrote a letter to MBNA. They will be able to do more for you than we can. You should have also mentioned the dealerships name so others here could avoid them in the future.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I hate my dealer too. There was NEVER a single case that they fixed my problem in one time. I always had to bring the car in for the same problem at least twice, from AC, to lights, from LCD to brakes ... I finally gave up after 13 trips for my brakes. They replaced rotors, pads, ... and charged $1,300.00 then told me at the end that with SL class, the brakes supposed to make noise !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts