Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
My local dealership Mercedes benz of devon refuses to replace my harmonic balancer until I get a letter. However, I just bought the car 3 weeks ago so I don't think I will be getting a letter. So, what do I do? I have tried to talk to the service manager but he isn't being helpful. He says I have to wait until everyone elses gets fixed WTF.
Erik

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From what I was told it involves both the 320 and the 430 made up until 2000. I was told on this forum that my car is involved in the recall.
Erik

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Call MBUSA and register your car as new owner change. If you bought car from dealership they should take care of this for you. You need vin number and thats it. If your car is under recall you should eventually get a letter.

I got same run around also, the service persons barely knew of anything about this subliminal "recall"

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
marmaclk430 - 5/3/2005 8:24 PM

I was told on this forum that my car is involved in the recall.
no one on this forum would know for sure if your car is in the recall. the best thing to do is to call the dealer or mbusa and give them your vin #, they can easily tell by the vin if you are part of the recall. end of story.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE! I called and let MB know I am the owner of my clk430. My car is involved in the recall but they say it is not an official recall and you can only have it replaced for free once you get your letter. They said they would get the letter out to me as soon as poss.
Erik

1 - 6 of 6 Posts