Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Carrera 4S
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. We're in the final steps in purchasing our new 2003 S55 ///AMG however, I have a question that still confuses me. Our S class came with 103 miles on the odometer. I had specifically told the dealership to let no one drive the car. The salesman told me that the miles came from the factory and that often times S-class mercedes come with 100 miles on the odometer. Please advice!!! Has anybody gotten delivery of a 2003 S55 with less than 100 miles on the odometer? Any input will be apprecaited. Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
SLK 320
33 Posts
Not true of all S-Class cars. They randomly select cars..

at prep-ports and may put 30-70 miles on them; but a little sticker/card is usually included in the car that says "this car was driven for __ miles on a test track by _____ at ____ prep-center" and signed. However, I think every AMG car is tested before release back to MB. AMG has to make sure the car is working up to MB specs after they tweaked it ... each AMG is a retrofit so unlike the cars off the highly automated line; the AMGs are hand tuned and require more "attention."

When I got my SLK it only had 17 miles on it, my mom's E had 43ish and our S had less than 50.

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
AMG is LIKE PORSCHE 911 TURBO

When Ordering any AMG car, it is like ordering a Porsche 911 Turbo. The difference between AMG and other mercedes is the same as a Turbo to just a regular Carerra. AMG engines are HANDBUILT from start to finish by ONE master engine builder. Same for the turbo.

Therefore, they are taken onto the track to test the modifications as well as the engine. While i find 100 miles to be kind of high for a brand new car, I think it is better to have a car tested in this manner prior to taking delivery.

100 miles is still VERY low and rest assured, you bought yourself one of the best cars in the world.

Regards
Bradley

·
Registered
s430
7 Posts
i think the dealer picked up some chicks before delivery in a brand new 100,000$ benz....

i think the dealer picked up some chicks before delivery in a brand new 100,000$ benz.

·
Registered
2 Posts
angldrkns9,

I'm a couple weeks away from ordering my S55 AMG. How long did it take for...

angldrkns9,

I'm a couple weeks away from ordering my S55 AMG. How long did it take for you to get yours from the time you ordered it? And finally, how does the beast drive?

Euro

·
Registered
2004 Carrera 4S
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's the king of sedans =)

the dealer called us up telling us somebody has just canceled an order on their S55. they said the car would be at the dealership in 2 weeks and if we were interested we could put a deposit down for it. we did but we wanted to change the options. the car was already ready to ship but some how they managed to re-do the car and change the option. i recall them saying it had the cell phone option installled, which i didn't want. i wanted parktronic and distronic instead, so after changing the options, the call got pushed back a few months. the dealership kept on pushing the delivery date back saying the change in options caused it. after 3 months of wait time, the car came in and we paid $5k.
The car is the beast! it drives very smooth and refined. the power is just endless. i took it for a drive to visit my gf over the weekend, the car had 102 miles. the manual had said do not exceed 85mph in the first 1000 miles, however, that was not followed =) on the first merge onto the freeway, the car just accerlerated without exceeding 3k rpms every. it is just so powerful and the power is so refine. it just accelerates and accelerates at any speed. the feel and speed is no comparison to the ML55 ///AMG. i was passing this person on the inside lane, i was going 65mph. i gave it some gas, rpms didnt' exceed 3k and before i know if, i was going 95mph. yikes. i'm going to have to be careful not to get a speeding ticket in that car. handling is amazing with the active body control. i ended up averaging 22.4mpg which is impressive for a 5.5liter superchanged engine.
hope you enjoy your S55, it's the best out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
3 months?!?

You had to wait 3 months for delivery? Where do you get the patience from? I just ordered mine and should get it by the end of May. Then again that's only what the dealer says.

About the beast, I'm glad you're having fun with it (I'm so jealous at the moment!). You're really averaging 22.4 MPG? Is that mainly freeway or city driving? The car is estimated at 14/22 and I'm actually impressed at how close the actual figures are.

Anyway, keep us updated when you reach 1000 miles.

·
Registered
S600 Sport
19 Posts
Our S class came with 103 miles on the odometer. I had specifically told the dealership to let no one drive the car.
hmmm, wonder if that parking attendant from Ferris Bueler's Day off got a job working for Mercedes?

[:D]

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
RADAR

I SEE YOU HAVE YOUR RADAR DETECTOR IN PLACE......... :) ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE PLANNING TO TAKE THAT CAR ON THE BELT PARKWAY FASTER THAN THE ALLOWED 50MPH????

HEHE

DONT WE ALL???????

BRAD

·
Registered
2004 Carrera 4S
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's fun until you see the police car in your rear view mirror... =P

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Yeh i know! I get that terribly feeling like my blood pressure is through the roof every...

Yeh i know! I get that terribly feeling like my blood pressure is through the roof everytime i see a cop car in my rear view mirror. EVEN if it is not chasing anyone, i have grown to fear their traffic tickets!

You live in NY? I do too.

·
Registered
2004 Carrera 4S
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, i live in NY. i actually don't speed on selective roads

that I have gotten wayy to many tickest on. i'm working on driving my mercedes below/on the speed limits. i'm a speedaholic. LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mileage

I picked up my new S55 last month with 35 miles on it. They said they are all tested in Germany to make sure everything is fine. 100 miles sounds a bit high, but that makes you closer to the end of the break-in period. The car is too much fun to worry about a few miles. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI - The Motorola phone is installed at the port in Maryland, not in the factory....

FYI - The Motorola phone is installed at the port in Maryland, not in the factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody gotten delivery of a 2003 S55 with less than 100 miles on the odometer?

Jason
Ya~it's gotta be the dealer...I just got mine two days ago with only 28 km on it...

god~~this beast does really roar~~i love it~

1 - 20 of 20 Posts