Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Some Goo Gone, spot wash with dish soap, dry with a towel, and then a cleaner wax, and waa-laa.

That's all - just my 15 minute fix for the day.
Good.

·
Registered
1989 560 SL - Signal Red & Palomino; 2011 C-300 - Black on Black 4MATIC
1,153 Posts
Nice. A pet peeve anytime I buy a new car, I tell them "No logo, or you guys will be removing it before I accept the car!" Nice to see this come off for you after likely having been on for a very long time! I have been successful getting this sort of thing off older cars with a blowdrier as well.

·
Registered
1987 560SL
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blow drier + fishing line is a good way to start too.

it probably wouldn't work so well on one that old though.
I've used a heat gun (with care) on other vehicles, but with temps nearing 100 it provided a natural softener.

Crappy part was the goo gone began to disintegrate the plastic decal and turned my fingers black.

Nice. A pet peeve anytime I buy a new car, I tell them "No logo, or you guys will be removing it before I accept the car!" Nice to see this come off for you after likely having been on for a very long time! I have been successful getting this sort of thing off older cars with a blowdrier as well.
Agreed - unless they want to pay me for being an advertisement on wheels.

·
Registered
1988 560 SL
652 Posts
I really dislike the practice of putting stickers, usually printed with somebody's or some brand's name, on *every-fu¢king-thing.* And when you take it off, you get to clean up their sticky mess. Leaves me with a real good feeling about the person/company every time...

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,357 Posts
The dealer I bought my 2008 Ford from did not even attempt it. Two nice key fobs with their name. I keep them on the key ring. Very nice alternative which I appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts