Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Charged $1,200 for replacemt of 2 shocks under warranty pd. Is this right? Pls help!

Hi Guys,

My wife has a ML550 that's still under factory warranty. I took it in to have it checked for a very slight oil leak and the smell of burnt oil in the garage after parking it (Btw, this didn't start happening until after they did some recall work on "plugs" that were known to leak). Anyway, my wife took the car in and they told her that there was a very serious problem with the rear shock. The dealer rep calls me and says that they can't find the oil leakage or origin of burning oil, BUT the rear left shock has a leaky seal and needs to be replaced, as well as the right rear one. My question is, should this be covered under MB warranty?

Thanks so much if u can suggest anything for me.

Regards,

Kurt

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I have had shocks replaced under warranty, request to meet with the service "manager" and then the 'MBzone rep" I would also post this on the 163 ML site here further down to see what hey have to say

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had shocks replaced under warranty, request to meet with the service "manager" and then the 'MBzone rep" I would also post this on the 163 ML site here further down to see what hey have to say
Thank you very much Peter. I will take this up with the SM and MBZ rep. I appreciate your opinion very much :)

Regards,
Kurt

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
I think the dealer quoted $1200 for the shocks for their reason.
Read the terms of the factory warranty. It can be bumper to bumper warranty with exceptions for worn out parts (brakes, tires, shocks???).
If it's stated on warranty paper that the factory warranty does not cover shocks, take the car to an independent shop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the dealer quoted $1200 for the shocks for their reason.
Read the terms of the factory warranty. It can be bumper to bumper warranty with exceptions for worn out parts (brakes, tires, shocks???).
If it's stated on warranty paper that the factory warranty does not cover shocks, take the car to an independent shop.
I'll look it up, but the ML only has 26k miles on it!

·
Registered
1999 E300TD
167 Posts
what year is your ML? The factory warrany is 4yr/50k miles. The shocks are covered 100% under that period unless its damage that has been caused by hitting a pothole or some other damage. There is no reason you should have been charged for any of those repairs as long as your under factory warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts