Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the Unimog 404 for a while.Finally found one for four thousand.My dilemma is ,it is not running.This is one used car dealer, and I remember 9 years ago I bought one honda from him and that mog was there.I asked him about, but he wouldnt sell it.But now he is willing.He said that mog use to have winch but somebody removed it.If I am not mistaken I think it have PTO.Canvas is torn, because of snow,inside the floor is sitting water which means it is still not rusted throe.Mog have 55.ooo kilometars and original paint is pretty much still visible.Dealer claim that mog have now clutch.My only problem is that engine not running.He claim that I should pour some oil inside of spark plug holes and that engine should start.Any suggestions?Worst come to worst ,how much is one used engine?:confused:

·
Registered
1972 Pinzgauer 710m, 1989 JDM Toyota Landcruiser BJ74 RHD
195 Posts
If it's been sitting outside for that long, thier is a good possibility moisture (condensation) has gotten into the engine. Which means rust and a good chance it is seized. That is why he is telling you to put oil in the cylinders before attempting to fire it up. I would definitely figure out if it is seized by turning it over by hand (socket and strong arm on the crank after adding the oil) before purchasing it. I am sure their is probably another reason it hasn't been started in all this time. Saving money now might cost you a lot more in the end.

·
Registered
UNIMOG, Gelaendewagen
934 Posts
Can you get us some pictures? I'd be really hesitant about this one. Sometimes these trucks are better off parted out.

·
Registered
'62 Swiss 404
145 Posts
With things like this, you can't afford to try and save money. It will only cost you more in the long run...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts