Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon my daughter washed the car. Now the gas,oil and tack don't work. There is a buzzing coming from under the dash.Has anyone had this happen to there car. I have been very happy with the car till now but I need the gadges to work. any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Check all your under hood fuses VERY carefully ! Sounds like one is takin a dump!!![;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
If your fuses seem ok there is another fuse box behind the normal fuse box there are about 5 relays just take the cover off and take the relays out, dry them with something perhaps like a blow dryer, blow dry the relays, and the box.

then disconect the (+) battery signal on your car leave it like that for about an hour.

then hook it back up try it out.

the same thing happend to me, after a car wash water went inside the relays. I did all this and it worked for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: DEAD GAUGES

Looked today and yes it was a crack in # 5 fuse. I think it is time to replace all the fuses. Thanks for the help on the problem. Thank for the help on my spelling Inkprksoldier.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
When mine crapped out the car would not even start!!!!!! nada nothing !!! Thought someone ripped off my battery!!![:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]Lousy fuse!!

Smokie

·
Registered
300SEL 6.3 W109 type
5 Posts
This was the exact post that I was looking for for my 89 300TE. My wife had this problem tonight and thought that the car would blow up!!

I checked the fuses and think it is alright. I did a recheck on the no 9 fuse and I think it is fine.

I'll check the relays and see how this works. That is where I can hear the noise.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
If I remember correctly, fuse #9 powers the RPM and oil pressure guages in the instrument panel, the hazard flasher and dome light, among other things. I had it crap out on me while I was fixing the speedometer the other day, but I only found out it was gone when the damn things stopped working after I refitted the instrument cluster.

Shady

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
even when fuses Look OK I have found a numbe of instances where they are not. Especially if you are running crappy aluminum fuses[xx(]

Swap it out just on principle.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1987 300E
62 Posts
Wow...mine did the exact same thing, when I took the cluster out to check speedo..Now when I take out fuse #9 tach works but no radio...Put in fuse #9 no tach and radio works... need suggestions Thanks[?]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts