Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well start printing our own currency...

Dec. 5 (Bloomberg) -- California, the world’s eighth-largest economy, may pay vendors with IOUs for only the second time since the Great Depression, State Finance Director Mike Genest said.

In a letter to legislative leaders Dec. 1, Genest said the state “will begin delaying payments or paying in registered warrants in March” unless an $11.2 billion deficit is closed or reduced. California, which approved its budget less than three months ago, may run out of cash by March, state officials say.Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

·
Registered
626 Posts
The population in California is about 36,457,549 according to the2006 U.S. Census Bureau. If we all donated $1 to the deficit there wouldn't be a deficit. But that would never happen. To many people want to know what the State can do for them, not what they can do for the State.

Just my two cents.

·
Slightly creased
16,582 Posts
by my calculations (which may also be wrong) each Californian would need to donate $307 plus some change to wipe out $11.2 B of debt, but I imagine your sentiment is correct.

Just saying...

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The population in California is about 36,457,549 according to the2006 U.S. Census Bureau. If we all donated $1 to the deficit there wouldn't be a deficit. But that would never happen. To many people want to know what the State can do for them, not what they can do for the State.

Just my two cents.
Now, that's a naive statement. Spending increased 40% in the governator years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts