Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 560sec, 90 560sel, 92 500sl, 94 e420, 13 e350
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple days of rain, drove my 94 E420 to pick up something, on my way back, the sunroof pull back open by itself, stop it halfway knowing the motor is weak and might not be able to fully close it later. So I have to close it manually from the trunk. Next morning, I discover the right dash light bulb burn out, antenna stop working, did not even hear the motor running. Got the light bulb replaced. Have my mech check it and there is current running just the antenna has no response. Did I short circuit something when I was turnning the emergency to close the sunroof? Did I ruin the antenna motor? Or some circuit board inside? What to check next? And where to get the replacement part?

·
Registered
239 Posts
After a couple days of rain, drove my 94 E420 to pick up something, on my way back, the sunroof pull back open by itself, stop it halfway knowing the motor is weak and might not be able to fully close it later. So I have to close it manually from the trunk. Next morning, I discover the right dash light bulb burn out, antenna stop working, did not even hear the motor running. Got the light bulb replaced. Have my mech check it and there is current running just the antenna has no response. Did I short circuit something when I was turnning the emergency to close the sunroof? Did I ruin the antenna motor? Or some circuit board inside? What to check next? And where to get the replacement part?
Assume you hear the motor running. If so, friction wheel is worn. Need a gear rebuild kit from Hirschmann. This link should help.

·
Registered
90 560sec, 90 560sel, 92 500sl, 94 e420, 13 e350
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the motor is not running at all. The plastic gears were replaced a couple years ago, The problem seems like is either motor got burned or the board inside?

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,437 Posts
Like the first guy said too much friction either that or the controller has corroded and died. Take the controller off and put ower to osts directly, if it works its the controller if not the hirchmann parts need to be replaced inside say like the rubber belt from motor to gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts