Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to deactivate the safety feature in the front DVD player (command unit) to be able to watch DVDs while driving?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Yes, be sure to tell your insurance agent you have made this modification.

You can then take to the bank the notion that any accident you have will be blamed on your distraction and you will have zero coverage.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to just prop a good novel on the steering wheel and turn on the overhead lights if it is dark out?
Seriously, I had someone pass me (I was doing 70 at the time) while doing just that. I am glad she wound up in front of me and not under my bumper.

If you want to watch a movie, sit in the rear seats. If you don't have a DVD player, go to Wally World and buy a pair for $250. Then climb in the rear seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thank you all for the great and useful replies. Did anyone ever think what if the front passenger wants to watch a dvd?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Buy your passenger a hand held lap top player. That way you won't be tempted to watch while you drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Video while driving

InCarTronics, now renamed just CarTronics, a member of this forum, has kits that will accomplish this. Providing that your model and components are compatable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts