Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK320
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have spent the last few days researching peoples experiences with similar problems I have. Car: 02 CLK320: Driver side switches stopped working on door. Front driver and rear D window, D seat, D mirror control. Only noticed when the window didn't pop up like it should when door closes.

After searching here I tried the usual Fuse check to no avail, disconnected the battery which didn't help. After I reconnected battery both rear windows dropped an inch and wont move now :-(

From all the information here its the DCM, I can't get into a dealer until tomorrow but need to get windows up. Any ideas People?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Have you tried the 'convenience' feature on the driver's door for window closing? If that works, it suggests that the door switches are your problem, and eliminates the power motors.

The front side windows are powered from the relevant DCMs (N69/1, N69/2). The rear side windows are both powered from the rear control module (N22/6).

So this cannot be a single DCM problem.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
When you try to raise the rear windows, have you tried using the switches for them in the back seat? If your driver's DCM is bad, of course it switches aren't going to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im new to this forum so please if im in the wrong place. Ocassionly all windows stop working as do mirrors and rear headrests. The only solution is to disconect negative bat terminal for a couple of seconds then everything is fine again. Pls help

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
It think you have a W208, not a W209. If your window switches are on the center console, it's a W208. If they are on the door panel, it's a W209.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts