Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
E500 Wagon
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our E500 wagon sets and adjusts the instrument panel clock automatically. This is incredible on trips, when the GPS senses that it crosses a time zone and automatically changes the clock.

In the US, we just switched to Daylight Savings Time (moved clocks ahead one hour), but our Mercedes instrument panel clock has not changed.

I looked in the owner's manual and cannot find out how to adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Any help out there?

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
my 300e has a knob over to the right over the trip meter and you push in and turn... but thats probably different since mines a w124

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
use the computer integrated into the dash to change the clock; use your steering wheel controls to accomplish it. the car will not adjust automatically back and forth between standard and daylight savings time.

·
Registered
2003 SL 500
1 Posts
GPS tracks your local time, just as the cell phones are tracked. Your clock should automatically correct if your GPS is functioning properly.

·
Registered
2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
1,950 Posts
By integrating your dashboard clock with your COMAND system...it will adjust your clock without having you do anything.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,105 Posts
To manually adjust clock on our '06 W211, must first turn off "sync with head unit."

But if then turn that back on, change is lost.

Wonder if this is a glitch in NAV.

Will try next weekend again to verify whether NAV now believes in daylight savings time.

·
Registered
03SL55AMG,2008 F430spider
215 Posts
MB-Owner-in-ind - 4/4/2005 11:38 PM

Sorry, live in Indiana. We don't change time.

STARTING THIS YEAR ALL THE COUNTIES IN INDIANA WILL FOLLOW EST INCLUDING DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
On my 00'E55 is that everytime DLST take effect all I do is press the "System" info on my Navi & it will automatically updates itself.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,105 Posts
lkchris - 4/5/2006 1:59 PM

To manually adjust clock on our '06 W211, must first turn off "sync with head unit."

But if then turn that back on, change is lost.

Wonder if this is a glitch in NAV.

Will try next weekend again to verify whether NAV now believes in daylight savings time.
Ok, should have been obvious.

Reset to DST using SERV button on COMMAND. Don't reset using multifunction display (speedo) unless want to leave clock not sync'd with head unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts