Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may know (or know of) David Poole, aka European Performance, a much respected indie in Dallas, not infrequently mentioned in the forums. He worked on a couple of my cars, helped me out in many ways, and was a really "good guy."

David passed away suddenly last Friday. There is a wake this evening (6PM) and funeral tomorrow (11AM) at Sandra Clark Funeral Home, 6029 S RL Thornton, Dallas, Texas.

I understand that David's family requested that no flowers be sent. The "Poole Memorial Fund" has been set-up to assist with his son's education; I'm told contributions can be made at any branch of Chase Bank.

I searched to see whether this info was already somewhere in the forums, but couldn't find it. If this is redundant, in the wrong place, or in any way inappropriate - my apologies. I thought the Mercedes community would want to know.

Bob

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,798 Posts
I didn't know him or of him, but it is indeed sad to lose a fellow enthusiast.

May God welcome you to the gates of heaven with open arms David.

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of his passing. Years ago when I first started visiting the forums for DIY advise David helped me a great deal with even the simplest questions I would ask even though I am sure he had answered them many times before. He was very patient with my novice inquiries.

My condolences to his family and friends.

·
Registered
1982 500 SEL 126 V8 Euro Model; Engine type: 117961; tranmission: 722350
563 Posts
Never met Dave personally but in a couple of occasions he was very helpful over the phone. My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts