Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd love to see pics of your 21st century improvements. i don't need TV in headrests but curious about the upgrade.

Hi,

LOL, necro-thread ;)

I rectified the problem by binning the entire outdated COMAND and D2B Fibre Optics System and installing the ERISIN Android unit with all the goodies including TV and DVD Headrests with individual IR Headphones, all installed to factory standards ......................

Absolute belter, I can recommend the Install to anyone who has the nouse and patience to do it correctly !!

As a bonus it tastefully brings the whole Cars interior into the 21st Century 😉

·
W220 Moderator
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
They are all somewhere in my "S500 Resurrection Dave's Thread" thread, including custom in house fabricated hollow polished stainless Head Rest Poles which the wiring runs down and into seats so you don't see it. The "generic straight poles" that come with them just don't work due to the angle on the Factory W220 poles, which are solid aluminium and chrome plated ;)

And yes, they fit nicely within the Headrest Motors inside the Seats so they still go up and down properly :D

They individually have DVD Players, as well as option to view whatever the Android is playing, plus there are Game Controllers to keep the grandchildren happy 👿

41 - 42 of 42 Posts