Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 S320 LWB Original owner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '97 S320 has a flaky drivers side dashboard speaker - When you hit a bump it will either go on or off depending on its current state
My guess is it is either a loose wire or connection but i haven't a clue how to access the speaker
Are there any directions available to guide me?

Thanks

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz S320 SWB
274 Posts
My '97 S320 has a flaky drivers side dashboard speaker - When you hit a bump it will either go on or off depending on its current state
My guess is it is either a loose wire or connection but i haven't a clue how to access the speaker
Are there any directions available to guide me?

Thanks
I thought the dash-mounted speakers were only used when you had the optional analog cell phone installed and in use?

I'll check my dash speakers for output....

James Combs,
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
1997 S320

·
Registered
274 Posts
I thought the dash-mounted speakers were only used when you had the optional analog cell phone installed and in use?

I'll check my dash speakers for output....

James Combs,
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
1997 S320
***Just verified my dash-mounted speakers don't work when using my OEM-stereo when playing music, WB, or cassettes.. Are they supposed to work with our stereos?****

James Combs

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,424 Posts
The two outlying speakers on top of the dashboard are for the telephone ONLY.

There's a small speaker in the cluster behind the rear view mirror, with more in all the doors, and along the rear deck. All of these are for the stereo.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The two outlying speakers on top of the dashboard are for the telephone ONLY.

There's a small speaker in the cluster behind the rear view mirror, with more in all the doors, and along the rear deck. All of these are for the stereo.

Thanks, Stryker, that's what I thought. Of course, that speaker mounted behind the mirror....for the Bose stereo-imaging....

James Combs

·
Registered
'84 300DT, '97 S320
682 Posts
To langella72: what kind of audio are you hearing intermittently from that speaker? Radio or telephone ? Since you're only supposed to be hearing phone audio, it'd be very interesting if you're hearing radio audio.

·
Registered
1994 S320, S 600 1994 , SL 600 1999
448 Posts
i have a 94 s320 & my speakers have the same problem,it comes & goes as it wishes,also has some kind of disturbance,
my dash speakers work all the time with radio & cassete,i have the factory audio set up,
what could it be?should i change the speakers?

·
Registered
1997 S320 LWB Original owner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is definitely audio from the radio. I do not have the factory cell phone. I am the original and sole owner of the car and when that speaker cuts out the fidelity of the sound system deteriorates significantly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts