Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Euro 560 SEC AMG
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my car repaired and I guess they took off the dashboard in the front, but when they put the instrument cluster back in (the part with all the gauges, i.e. tachometer, speedometer) they didn't put it all the way back in, it's kind of sticking out too much and the rubber and material that goes around is sticking out, like it was just installed incorrectly. How do I take off the dashboard so I can slide the instrument cluster back in?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
small hooks/screwdrivers etc usually work.

It's really not hard to get that unit in correctly..[xx(]

I wonder about this shop you took the car to.

Jonathan

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
MorrisTigerson69 - 2/26/2005 10:11 AM

I recently got my car repaired and I guess they took off the dashboard in the front, but when they put the instrument cluster back in (the part with all the gauges, i.e. tachometer, speedometer) they didn't put it all the way back in, it's kind of sticking out too much and the rubber and material that goes around is sticking out, like it was just installed incorrectly. How do I take off the dashboard so I can slide the instrument cluster back in?
You don’t have to "take out" the dashboard in order to remove the instrument cluster. The instrument cluster is only friction fit into the dashboard.

Here's how you remove the instrument cluster:

http://tinyurl.com/7xmdp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts