Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560sl Black Pearl
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a 2007 B200T a month ago. 74,000 km, cvt, comet grey. As it was getting colder here in Ottawa it took me a week to realize I had NO air-flow to the floor. I brought it in as it's still under warranty. When I picked it up they had "aligned the linkage" and there was now air-flow to the floor. BUT there is ALWAYS air coming thru the dash-vent no matter what the setting. They showed me a 2009 on the lot that worked the same way. The only way is to actually close the dash-vents. (which also increases airflow to the floor) I've read other posts about marginal heat in the B-class but I haven't seen anything about this issue. Surely this can't be normal, every other car I've ever had, the dash-vents turn off completely when you put the defrost or floor-heat on.
Any-one with the same issue???:confused:

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
100% normal, welcome to German car engineering!

·
Registered
1986 560sl Black Pearl
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leak follow-up

So your vents leak too, mike? Well thanks for the feed-back. Any-one else out there with the same issue? By the way, I wouldn't put it down "German engineering" more like "B200-engineering". The C230 kompressor my wife drives doesn't leak one bit.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
The 2002 C 230 Kompressor we used to have did this too. It's not "leakage", it is a design feature. Actually if you use it well, it provides a lot of additional versatility in the heating/cooling system.

The US carmakers have an either/or system: face/floor or no face at all.

I like this feature. I leave the side vents open year round and in winter I point them at the side windows for extra demisting. The centre vents are usually closed in the winter.

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
I just remembered: if your wife's car is a 2003+ C 230 K, it was dumbed down for the US and Canadian market by eliminating the independent face vent control.

M-B also eliminated the central dash vent for the windscreen, because that seemed to confuse people in humid places using A/C in the summer (condensation on the outside of the windshield)!

·
Registered
GLK350 2011 Gone, B200 Turbo CVT 2009 Gone, GL320 CDI 2008, B200 Turbo CVT 2006 Gone
354 Posts
it is normal we had it on our cars as well.
On 2006 model I would put the heat to the top and floor or just floor.
In 2009 model it was thermatic climate control and it was not an issue heating to the floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts